100+ pounds to lose and need some friends

Options
Hi everyone! Trying to get some buddies to help on this journey. A little about me: I am 31 have a daughter that is 5 and two step kids (11 and 15). I have been over weight for as long as I can remember, but, over the past few years it has gotten out of control. Back in 2010 I weighed 309 and decided I HAD to do something about it, I worked hard and lost down to about 250. Life happened, I got lazy again, and I gained back up to 296 last year I got fed up (again) and decided to do something about it. Lost 26 pounds then got lazy again....Yep it is a horriable cycle. Got on the scale Monday and thought I would vomit! Back up to 302 (NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!) It is so weird, it is like I don't even realize it is happening. I start gaining weight and don't realize it until it is too late. With all that said, Monday I had a bad day....I was so depressed and actually hit rock bottom. Sounds weird but I actually thank the good Lord above that I hit rock bottom because while I was there He helped me realize that the only place left to go was up. So here I am, trying everyday to make changes I need to make to become the person I want to be.

:flowerforyou: D

Replies

• JudyCanton
    Options
    Hey, I just started my journey to lose weight about a month and a half ago. I had this problem and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month and 5 more pounds after without much exercise and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrassed to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at judycanton@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day.
  • fitness4life78
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! I BELIEVE IN YOU!
  • WatchJenShrink
    WatchJenShrink Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose. It's a daily struggle, but can be done. I've lost 44 lbs since May 14th of this year. You can do it!
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent!
  • iwilldothis615
    Options
    You can do it! I'm on this up and down rollar coaster too. I want to have another baby, but I need to loose weight...and I'm getting older. It's such a struggle.
  • iwilldothis615
    Options
    that's awesome. How did you do it? What did you eat?
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! Good Luck!
  • Diaaquino82
    Options
    You can do it!!! I'm sending you a request!!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to start over. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have lost over 100 lbs so far, still have probably about 100 more. I log in daily

One step at a time you CAN do this!!

Sandy
  • cjkardell
    Options
    You can do this. We are all in this struggle together and with the support of each other can get there. Please look forward and it will happen. Like you said you can only go up form here.
    Good Luck in your journey and we are here if you need us. I too just decided to get back on here because of weight gain and feeling unhealthy. It's time.
  • kcouch67
    Options
    Living a healthy lifestyle can be so darn difficult. I am a 47 year old man who has struggled with food issues for many years. Frankly I like unhealthy food and beer. Prior to turning 40 I lost 40 pounds doing weight watchers (which is essentially the same as this). I kept it off for years, but it creeps back slowly. I'm close to my "old" weight back then and have been on and off using this app and WW over the past year or two. I know it can be done because I've done it. The keys are tracking what you eat, getting moving (even just walking is great) and finding good healthy foods that are easy and that you enjoy. I don't even track vegetables. Try to eat more than you think you need, its key. They can fill you up and are so good for you. I'm a new dad again to a 6 month old (my other kids are 23 and 26) and I'm too darn old to be overweight and tired! I'm just starting this journey and I'm dedicated to losing at least 30 pounds. You can do this...you have proven it in the past....stick with it and good luck!
  • pachee22
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm 37 and need to lose close to 100 lbs. I have no excuses, kids or lack of time, just a lack of willpower and motivation. One of the best things about this "program" is the diet tracker. While I knew that what I was eating wasn't always the best for me, I never really realized how many calories, fat or sugar I was really consuming until I started tracking. It has opened my eyes big time!! And, since I can now see where the sugar and fats are coming from, I can adjust my diet as needed. Who knew a seemingly "healthy" smoothie can pack in so much sugar?!?!
    So, you are not alone. My advice is be brutally honest with the diet tracker and really think about making smarter food choices. It really does make a world of difference.
    Good luck!!
  • DeniceRS
    DeniceRS Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Just take ONE DAY AT AT TIME!!! :smile:
    I "only" have about 59 lbs to go to get to my goal but it is a struggle everyday to be mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. Increasing my activity level a little bit more each day though, so I know I can do this!
  • Flab2Fab32
    Flab2Fab32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Friend request sent!!
  • FeefWV
    FeefWV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can do this! WE BELIEVE IN YOU. ONE DAY AT A TIME!
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Feel free to add me!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey

29509743.png
  • MrsBB521
    MrsBB521 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I need friends here, anyone can add me.. I am 22 years old and I want to lose 100 pounds. No idea what I weigh at the moment but I do not like it at all...!!!