What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I'm looking for some new healthy and easy to make breakfast ideas/recipes. I'm getting tired of the same things over and over, so I'm just wondering what everyone else has for breakfast, or wondering if anyone has some recommendations. Maybe this will give others ideas as well.

I typically go between eggs, oatmeal and cereal. (Cereal probably is not the best choice, I know)

What do you usually have for breakfast?

Comment away!

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I poach an egg, slice some tomato, and toast an english muffin. Cheaper than going to McDonald's and getting an english mcmuffin
  • RachelInSpace
    RachelInSpace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today I had a large banana and half of a whole wheat english muffin with light I can't believe it's not butter spread. I made a whole one but my fiance stole half....
  • desidieter
    Options
    I'm pretty repetitive with my breakfasts; it's usually eggs and toast with a piece of fruit. But sometimes I'll do...

A whole grain English muffin with peanut butter and a piece of fruit
    Yogurt and granola
    Flax/whole grain waffles topped with greek yogurt and fruit (blueberries are my favorite)
    Homemade banana muffins (I have a healthy-ish, no flour recipe)

I keep seeing lots of recipes for protein pancakes from scratch, so that's something I want to try soon - especially pumpkin pancakes! Yum.
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    Grits, oatmeal, jimmy dean precooked bacon, cheese toast with 40 calorie bread & sargento thin slice cheddar, omelets, fried eggs using nonstick spray, jimmy dean egg white sandwiches, oatmeal, fruit, Been meaning to make some breakfast muffins with eggs, etc.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I go through phases but I most recently discovered this meal and I love it. I have it almost every day and it really satisfies me.

2 slices of toast topped with a misture of 1/14-1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese and low sugar jam. I have been using pumkin butter the last few days instead of jam. It has been very tasty.
  • fitness4life78
    Options
    I eat a protien Bar, Multi-Vitamin, and Gummy Calcium Chews!
  • jc_0324
    Options
    Nuts, oatmeal, banana, toast with cream cheese, egg with bacon, sausage... not all at the same time :-)
  • lavenderphoenix
    lavenderphoenix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've fallen into a whole wheat toast w/ unsweetened almond butter rut myself. However, I came across this recipe last night and it's in my plans for the weekend.

http://www.fitsugar.com/Cinnamon-Quinoa-Bake-21799042
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is plain greek yogurt mixed with vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, and sliced banana. I make it the night before and it thickens up overnight and tastes kind of like a thick, creamy pudding.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This morning it was 2% plain fage greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp of Chocolate Pudding mix (powder) and 1/2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter. Mix that together and you have heavenly goodness that tastes like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup....just WAY healthier :)
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pretty boring.

Right after workout I usually make a strawberry/protein smoothie. After showering I usually have some greek yogurt.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    During the week, I aim for simplicity at work by eating a packet of oatmeal with 1 scoop of vanilla protein shake & some flax seed. Sometimes adding a ¼ cup of fruit like some blueberries or banana or maybe a handful of raisins or nuts for texture or extra crunch.

When able to cook a hot meal at home, I love a spinach egg white omelet with about 6 egg whites with 1 yoke ratio & add spinach & a sprinkle of feta cheese. Serve with a piece of Arnold thin bread & maybe a slice or two of tomato.

Another favorite is coconut oil in the pan to lightly sautee some onion & green pepper sliced or diced & add the same egg white/yolk ratio & add 1 link of turkey sausage diced or sausage crumbles to the mix. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of cheese on top. Yum~enjoy & Super healthy…
  • SaoirseRuth
    SaoirseRuth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me it's either and omelette with 2 or 3 eggs, some peppers, onion and cheese.

Protein pancakes are another one I enjoy, I use a scoop of protein powder, 2 eggs, ground almonds and raspberries on top.

Otherwise it's cottage cheese with full fat natural yoghurt, milled organic flaxseed with pumpkin and sunflower seeds as well as ground almonds and frozen raspberries thrown in!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

Though today I had macarons....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I like whole grain toast with butter and I make my own granola on the weekends, which I can then eat all week with fruit and milk. Sometimes I have baked goods around that make great breakfasts. And I'll often have a protein bar.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 2 tsp PB 2, 1/2 cup Mixed frozen berries. Yummy
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    any fruit
    carrot muffins
    smoothies
    tofu scramble
    blueberry bagels with apple slices and cinnamon on top
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Today I had a slice of toast with cookie butter and Greek yogurt on the side. It fit in my calories but my protein will end up a little lower than I'd like today.

Yesterday it was 2 eggy-in-a-baskets (eggs cooked inside of the toast).

The day before that I had apple cinnamon pancakes (again, with Greek yogurt on the side).

And the day before that was a pumpkin pie protein shake.
  • staceybradleywells
    Options
    During the week ~ usually a green smoothie with eggs.

Weekend ~ bacon, eggs, and fruit.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Eggs with some form of other protein, fruit depends on whether its a weekday or weekend. Breakfast has to be something warm and filling for me :)