What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have coffee, a protein shake and waffles or a bagel thin with cream cheese. I'm not much help!

Bagel thins are only about 110 calories, and I find them pretty filling. You could use them to make breakfast sandwiches.
  • annemorrell1
    Options
    greek yoghurt with a spoon of honey with strawberries and blue berries

2 x oatibix with milk and strawberries

porridge with blue berries

i have one of these....not all 3 :-)
  • ElviraMarieCerri
    ElviraMarieCerri Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    note: mine is low-carb, high protein, high fat diet. Hubby is not dieting, just eating mindfully.

Mine: Before our walk in the park or with breakfast: Allowed fruit and handful of almonds. Breakie itself: Alternate between 2 over-well eggs fried in butter, and two scrambled eggs w half & half in butter, both topped with 1 tsp ground flaxseed (supposed to add fiber). Sometimes I add < oz. of picante provolone. One cup good coffee w. half and half. Large ice water.

Hubby: Before walk or... Orange juice. Breakie: Alternates this way: old fashioned oatmeal w cinnamon sugar & raisins , butter & coffeemate; 2 over easy eggs and a raisin-cinnamon muffin with cream cheese; cream of wheat with cinnamon sugar & raisins; egg combo again. Occasionally, he'll have scrambled eggs with me rather than over easy. Good Coffee w Coffeemate.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    This morning I started with just a banana, then I swam for 2 hours.
    When I got home I ate 3 poached eggs on 2 slices of dill rye bread. Super filling and satisfying and well under 500 calories.
  • jayeme
    jayeme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt with protein-fortified granola during the week but today I had some extra time so I had a morningstar farms "sausage" patty on a biscuit and a boiled egg. However, I saw this yesterday and I really want to try some of these ideas!

http://www.xojane.com/diy/healthy-portable-and-delicious-breakfasts
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast" of cereal was invented by Dr Kellogg's brother. Breakfast can be whatever you want. I like buckwheat, split pea soup, rice and beans. On my good days, I have just a shake. But, I have a weakness for pancakes.
  • cycov
    cycov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nothing!!!!
    Someone stole my yogurts out of the refrigerator. My 80 calories of yuk but it is what I eat for breakfast and they were gone!!
  • Aaagrant
    Aaagrant Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lately, on weekday mornings it's Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Rolled Whole Grain Hot Cereal With Flaxseed, topped with almond butter and a banana.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup instant/pre-cooked oats
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    2 tbsp chia seeds

Tastes exactly like brownie batter, as long as you've got the right protein powder. :)

In addition, I take a multivitamin, LivingFuel, and fish oil.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Quest bar at 5AM before lifting, protein smoothie at 7:30 on the way to work, and something else at 8:30 when I get to work. For the past two weeks, it's been homemade pumpkin oatmeal muffins microwaved, spritzed with spray butter, and sprinkled with cinnamon.

I used to do oatmeal with PB2 every day before I decided to have a smaller breakfast so I could eat more later in the day. I also like the Pepperidge Farms pumpkin swirl bread with pumpkin spice whipped peanut butter or a nutrigrain blueberry waffle with cinnamon cream cheese and a drizzle of sugar free syrup. I've also done homemade McDonalds-style egg white delights, banana with peanut butter mixed with protein powder, or a bagel thin with cinnamon cream cheese.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every day:

Oatmeal:
    -Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 1/2 cup dry
    -Full Circle Organic - Light Brown Sugar, 2 Tsp. packed

Overnight oats (yogurt flavors vary):
    -Simply Balanced - Raspberry Greek Yogurt 0% Fat - Fruit on the Bottom
    -Cytosport - 100% Whey Chocolate Costco Bag, 0.5 scoop, 36.3g
    -Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 1/4 cup dry

Protein bar (bar flavors vary):
    -Pure Protein - Chocolate Deluxe, 1 bar (50 g)

Klarbrunn - Sparkling Water - Natural Lime Flavor, 12 fl oz

Coffee

Calories: 630
    Carbs: 85
    Fat: 11
    Protein: 55
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKsieLJT9VxCXo_S_Lg4mEKXUAyt-yIkxd5wyd1iYJlFpoCpJx
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, scrambled, with pepper jack cheese, slice of Ezekiel bread with strawberry preserve, and two slices of bacon.
  • SarahWSU36
    SarahWSU36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today, I had 3 hard boiled eggs and turkey pepperoni. :P

I find when I get in a breakfast rut, I just eat leftovers from the night before. I don't subscribe to specific foods at a specific time of day. So, some mornings I am eating chicken and a piece of fruit or cheese.
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    I usually stick with some combo of eggs, who grain bagel thins, peanut butter, sliced fruit, and oatmeal.I don't get too creative with it because I'm not a morning person and am usually too sleepy to want to cook. xD
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Nothing, but when I get around 1pm, I eat a big meal. Scrambles/bacon, giant club sandwiches, meat and veg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Today I had a slice of toast with cookie butter and Greek yogurt on the side. It fit in my calories but my protein will end up a little lower than I'd like today.

Yesterday it was 2 eggy-in-a-baskets (eggs cooked inside of the toast).

The day before that I had apple cinnamon pancakes (again, with Greek yogurt on the side).

And the day before that was a pumpkin pie protein shake.

FOr whatever reason, I call your eggy-in-a-basket "toad in the hole" and love it. My kids also love it. I love pan toasting the little circle of bread in butter for dipping in the yolk. Umm... okay, I may have toad in the hole tomorrow.
  • jmcnamar484
    jmcnamar484 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am in love with my protein oats! I microwave 1/2 cup quaker oats. When cooked I add a scoop of chocolate protein powder slowly and then lastly I add 1 TBS of peanut butter. It is my favorite way to start the day :)
  • Edmgirl07
    Edmgirl07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    All of these a great! Thank you!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal made with 30g of oats and 270ml 1.5%. Then I usually stir in 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam. Sometimes I'll make applesauce and put that in, or if I have fresh strawberries I mash them and add them.