What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• BrightonChick
    BrightonChick Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today I had a slice of toast with cookie butter and Greek yogurt on the side. It fit in my calories but my protein will end up a little lower than I'd like today.

Yesterday it was 2 eggy-in-a-baskets (eggs cooked inside of the toast).

The day before that I had apple cinnamon pancakes (again, with Greek yogurt on the side).

And the day before that was a pumpkin pie protein shake.

FOr whatever reason, I call your eggy-in-a-basket "toad in the hole" and love it. My kids also love it. I love pan toasting the little circle of bread in butter for dipping in the yolk. Umm... okay, I may have toad in the hole tomorrow.

In my world this is called " Eggy Bread " :):)
    Toad in the hole to me is also sausages in a yorkshire pudding!? I'm guessing it's as Im from across the pond!
  • cylence82
    Options
    I don't do much for breakfast. I usually do a large piece of fruit, or a hard boiled egg, maybe a glass of milk, or on a day where I feel like splurging I may go for a egg white delite at McDonalds, and follow up with a piece of baked chicken around brunch time. I find it hard to get my hunger going in the morning, even if I work out.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    cheerios :flowerforyou:
  • alijoanxo
    alijoanxo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and berries. Sometimes I add walnuts or a little granola. That's my favorite thing to have for breakfast. Another breakfast I like is a whole wheat english muffin (I usually just eat half) toast it and add a little bit of preserves (peach butter is delicious, and since it's that time of year, pumpkin butter is yummy too!) I usually eat a fried egg and fruit with it.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same thing

egg white omelet with a cooked apple with Cinnamon / ginger on the side

or

oatmeal with pumpkin / cinnamon
  • Project2015
    Options
    I make a shake:
    1 tbsp flax seed
    1 cup almond milk
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    2 scoops of combat protein powder
    1 tsp creatine
    4oz applesauce

it tastes awesome, and its 70 grams a protein plus first thing in the morning, and its a huge wake up and im full til lunch, and its awesome.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The magical, delicious Quest bar
  • hiraethed
    hiraethed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is oatmeal. One of my fave ways to make it is cook half a cup of rolled oats in water with cinnamon and half a chopped apple. One half of the apple goes in with the oatmeal, one stays out to snack on while I cook my breakfast. Its better to add a little more water than needed and let it cook for a good 5 minutes so the apple softens up.

Another BIG favorite of mine is nicecream. All you have to do is peel and freeze some ripe bananas. Then I chop them and blend them with a teeny bit of almond milk or let them thaw a bit so they will blend. There are so many ways to top nicecream - i love adding mint before i blend and topping it with cacao nibs. Or peanuts and chocolate sauce made with cocoa and maple syrup. You can also make hardening chocolate sauce by melting coconut oil and using that along with cocoa and maple syrup or agave or whatever, it turns crunchy like a dipped cone. Frickin amazing.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    -10oz coffee with stevia drops and either Coconut Hazelnut creamer or Cinnabon creamer
    - Earnest Oats American Blend made with unsweetened almond milk, a sprinkle of black walnut turbinado sugar and a handful of blueberries.

I used to try and change it up, but I've found that the oatmeal really keeps my hunger in check. If I'm really not feeling oatmeal I'll eat a fig bar and have a glass of almond milk with it.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i make my shake the night before - 8 oz of almond milk, 1 scoop of peanut butter cookie protein powder by metabolic nutrition, 126g of banana, 85g (4 cups) of spinach and some ice

i also have something like a serving of cereal, cereal bar, etc. (lately my favorite has been little bites in pumpkin flavor :love: )
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Today I had a slice of toast with cookie butter and Greek yogurt on the side. It fit in my calories but my protein will end up a little lower than I'd like today.

Yesterday it was 2 eggy-in-a-baskets (eggs cooked inside of the toast).

The day before that I had apple cinnamon pancakes (again, with Greek yogurt on the side).

And the day before that was a pumpkin pie protein shake.

FOr whatever reason, I call your eggy-in-a-basket "toad in the hole" and love it. My kids also love it. I love pan toasting the little circle of bread in butter for dipping in the yolk. Umm... okay, I may have toad in the hole tomorrow.

In my world this is called " Eggy Bread " :):)
    Toad in the hole to me is also sausages in a yorkshire pudding!? I'm guessing it's as Im from across the pond!

Yeah I saw that on a cooking show (the sausages in yorkshire pudding) and it tickled me, because it was so different from what i call toad in the hole.
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My two, quick morning favorites are:

-egg whites with a leafy green (right now I'm using arugula), Boars Head turkey from the deli or pre cooked turkey bacon, and a little Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese (the "light" kind). I put all of this together in a container with a bit of olive oil and some pepper and microwave for about 2:30 or so. Or you can cook it all on the skillet if you have a bit more time.

- whole wheat toast with avocado, tomato, turkey bacon and a fried (in olive oil) egg on top

I have a TON of other breakfasts I like to prepare, but these two are my weekday go-to's
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am usually busy running kids to school and then off to work myself. I don't have a lot of time for preparing a breakfast during the week so it's usually a Quest protein bar. On the weekends i will make myself scrambled eggs.
  • Edmgirl07
    Edmgirl07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt with protein-fortified granola during the week but today I had some extra time so I had a morningstar farms "sausage" patty on a biscuit and a boiled egg. However, I saw this yesterday and I really want to try some of these ideas!

http://www.xojane.com/diy/healthy-portable-and-delicious-breakfasts

Thanks for the site, this is awesome!
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Usually an avocado recently
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I had leftover macncheese this morning....
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a crunchy granola bar in the car on the way to work....190 calories and it gets me to lunch. Yeah...I know it's not the healthiest, but it works for me on the go.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm learning the best breakfast for me is something high in protein and fat, relatively low in carbs (cereal, waffles, instant oatmeal, etc. don't fill me up for nearly long enough on their own). I eat later in the morning.

-greek yogurt + fruit (stone fruits, apples, berries or banana)
    -eggs (hard boiled or fried)
    -whole wheat toast or english muffin
    -peanut butter
    -cottage cheese
    -bacon or sausage (on fancy days)
    -nuts (almonds, walnuts)

I like the idea of mixing protein powder in yogurt. I must try that!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    usually:
    Fiber_One_Honey_Clusters.ashx

when I don't have time for the previous:
    0003800029179_500X500.jpg
  • sassybooklady
    sassybooklady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a few stand-bys:

Protein Bowl: sautéed spinach, leftover steak and 2 poached eggs topped with homemade salsa

Overnight oats: steel cut oats brought to a boil for one minute and left to sit overnight; add whatever mix-ins are desired the next morning and warm

Breakfast Parfait: Greek yogurt, Cheerios Protein and berries