How do I get a butt?

Options
I have a tiny butt and would really like to have a nice, big round butt. What kind of workouts should I do?

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Take your tiny butt to McDonalds.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the fascination with big butts. A butt is a butt, IMO. I'm not even sure you can make a flat butt a round one.

But, tiny butt girl, squats and lunges work those muscles.

Good luck with your *kitten*, lol.
    LOL.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the fascination with big butts. A butt is a butt, IMO. I'm not even sure you can make a flat butt a round one.

But, tiny butt girl, squats and lunges work those muscles.

Good luck with your *kitten*, lol.
    LOL.

You can. A great example would be ILiftHeavyAcrylics or Yoovie.

It's called body recomposition (which is done through strength training) but it requires a long term commitment and takes a lot of hard work and probably bulk and cut cycles.
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Try Ebay, you can get some good refurbished one for a good deal.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Either maintain your weight or bulk and do weighted squats and deadlifts along with a weightlifting routine like all pro, strong lifts, new rules of lifting for women.

Get a good amount of protein typically 1g per pound of lean body mass.

I had massive booty gains from my first bulk and I've only gained 4 lbs in 7 months (it's my fault, got content with maintenance). But ya.

Takes patience and time to build a booty but you can do eeeet
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Do you want a donkey or stallion?

RHW-ATL-Workout-DVD_510x380.jpg
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
  • laurenmelton2288
    Options
    Why are people sarcastic and hateful on these posts? The girl just asked a damn question!

Look on amazon for dancing dvd's or do lots of walking and squats. I have a huge *kitten* and I'm trying to LOSE it. Wish I could surgically remove it and give it to you! lol
  • bballgirlsl981
    Options
    Leg press at the gym! Also biking helps too
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I just started Strong Curves. You may want to check it out.
    http://www.strongcurves.com

It hasn't been long enough for me to say one way or another.

But yeah - squats, deadlifts, hip thrusts.
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    my favorite exercises were always weighted squats and lunges, though to be completely honest, my favorite gym day was legs day. elliptical, if you have proper form, also works out the quads, bum, and the biceps femoris(back of the legs, which is nice with a nice booty :))
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Squat it out girl !

ETA: with heavy (for you) weights and stufff :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Get started with a progressive loading strength training program that focuses on glutes. These are my results from a year of recomp (eating at maintenance and lifting) and one month of dedicated bulking with plenty of glute bridges, squats, deadlifts, lunges, and single leg squats.

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Get started with a progressive loading strength training program that focuses on glutes. These are my results from a year of recomp (eating at maintenance and lifting) and one month of dedicated bulking with plenty of glute bridges, squats, deadlifts, lunges, and single leg squats.

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

I love this! Makes me wonder though...If I already have a big butt with lots of fat, it's not going to get bigger right? Just...better? Higher? I mean from heavy lifting, which is what I've been doing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I love this! Makes me wonder though...If I already have a big butt with lots of fat, it's not going to get bigger right? Just...better? Higher? I mean from heavy lifting, which is what I've been doing.

If you're eating at a deficit you'll keep the muscle while losing the fat and your butt will be amazing. I wish I had started lifting sooner so I could have done that. Sadly I bought into the whole "get to goal weight and then strength train" mentality.
  • erikabows
    erikabows Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your butt looks great! If I have never lifted any weights, what is a good size weight to start with?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Your butt looks great! If I have never lifted any weights, what is a good size weight to start with?

You want to start with a program. If you want to focus on your butt Strong Curves is supposed to be good. The program you choose will tell you how much weight to use. Most will start with the bar, which is 45 lbs.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

If you're eating at a deficit you'll keep the muscle while losing the fat and your butt will be amazing. I wish I had started lifting sooner so I could have done that. Sadly I bought into the whole "get to goal weight and then strength train" mentality.

Okay. That's what I thought I was doing. But every time I think I get things right I read something that makes me think...wait, am I right?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You want to start with a program. If you want to focus on your butt Strong Curves is supposed to be good. The program you choose will tell you how much weight to use. Most will start with the bar, which is 45 lbs.

There are three different level programs in the book. I am doing the beginner program right now and it is bodyweight at this point, but I am only on the second week.