Let's hear some NSV's you never even thought of

Options

Replies

• NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ...under the chifferobe...

Now that's a real Southern word. I bet most non-Southerners would only know it from To Kill a Mockingbird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chifforobe

Haha, my fam is from KY and NC so I've heard it before. Even so, it still reminds me of Family Guy.
    " Leave my keys on the davenport. No! The davenport - the chesterfield. Does that look like a divan to you? -SIGH- Leave them on the chifferobe. "

LOL! Well this particular piece of furniture is from my grandmother who is from Alabama, though my mother is from Kentucky and she's the only one who I can recall calling it a chifforobe. So yes, real Southern. XD

I mean, it IS a chifforobe.

Edit for pictures of chifferobe:
    1374824_10151790053388425_529365365_n.jpg?oh=b15cb040a8a71a9a85dfbefd56d168c6&oe=54C53C43&__gda__=1418413464_b8ee736c06c3ce50680d2f5dea3478b1
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I subbed for a softball team last weekend. I was on third base, and the third base coach told me to go ahead and try to score on a ground ball. "You look quick."

HA Haven't heard that in a while, if ever. I am normally the guy who makes sure the ground ball gets through the infield before he even thinks about heading for home.
  • TheBigLife14
    Options
    Mine would also be my wedding band. At one point I had to buy a plain band to switch out because my other one was so tight on me. I now wear my original band and its loose and i have to keep my finger bent so it wont fall off lol.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    The last time i had lost weight i remember spending ten minutes in the mirror poking my collarbones and grinning like a fool cause i had never seen them before. Looking forward to that again, and keeping it this time!
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am short on clothing that fits. I started my road to fitness in January squeezing into 12's.
    I have been wearing some baggy 10's and now even some baggy 8's (that I JUST bought! :noway:)
    So I went to Goodwill yesterday - because I cant afford any new clothes that wont fit in a couple months - and dang if I didn't slide into a 6!
    I know actual cuts vary, but just a few moths ago I wouldn't have even looked at them.
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't have any to add yet...soon though!

These are all so great, I could read these for days!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I realized this week that I don't get wet pants and shirts any more.
    When I did dishes ( funny low farmhouse sink) I always had to change after because my tummy would get wet and the pants as well. I haven't gotten wet in quite some time :))
  • klburgess24
    Options
    Avoiding the doughnuts at the office! It used to be impossible!:tongue:
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i have been getting the "nod" on the trails from runners and joggers. Makes me feel like i am part of that community, like we share some secret. never, ever thought i would be a jogger!
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Being able to see my lady parts again without doing some serious contortionist moves in the shower. :blushing: :laugh:
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I realized this week that I don't get wet pants and shirts any more.
    When I did dishes ( funny low farmhouse sink) I always had to change after because my tummy would get wet and the pants as well. I haven't gotten wet in quite some time :))

HA HA I used to do that too!!!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I went to the Drs. today, my blood pressure was very good, weight down and I dont have to go back for a year. (Gastroenterologist).Then I came home and walked 3miles. Good day
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mines weird but still a nsv. I had gallbladder surgery Friday and they told me to wear baggy
    pants. Well it felt good to go and dig out 4 pair of sweat pants that I wore 49 lbs ago. If I didn't
    lose the weight I would've had to buy bigger pants. I'm glad I didn't get rid of them
    because my sutures are very sore.
  • anomar6
    Options
    Before losing 40 pounds I had to take antacids every night before bed. Now I rarely ever need them.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    The jeans I had been hanging on to for 10 years as my skinniest jeans are now loose. I need to go shopping but will wait a bit longer.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Darn! :wink: Had to buy extra jewellery to put on my ring finger to keep my wedding rings from slipping off. Only 1/2 ring size smaller than then, but enough to give me pause and have to think about loose rings. If you are buying by the gram weight for your gold jewellery it's cheaper in a smaller size. :love: Also my AA shoes fit comfortably again, although as an anti-NSV I now have to stuff my B sized shoes with silicone footpads to keep them on.
  • Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden everyone is noticing my weight loss. Today 2 of my patients told me how great I look. I went to a party on Saturday and all of my family members can't believe the difference. Also, I need to go shopping because I have very few clothes that fit. It's nice to put on pants and have lots of room in them.
  • alijoanxo
    alijoanxo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bumping into/hitting things and it actually hurting me. No more cushion! Also, the winters seem to be a lot colder :tongue:
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Dropped a shoe size...Yep. A shoe size lol. That's one I didn't expect for sure.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    can cross my legs...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!