Back In My Wedding Dress - 23 Years Later

Options
Hi. Just another little story to maybe help motivate somebody. I never thought I could do it, and I know my husband didn't either. The picture above is me in my wedding dress on our 23rd anniversary, which was on July 27.

Replies

• glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! It must feel nice to fit into it again.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful success story!

Did your husband get the hint and remember it was your anniversary?
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if he remembered or not before he saw me in the dress, but when he saw me he went and put on all the stuff he wore at our wedding, and we took pictures outside. I even had my hat and basket of flowers that I carried.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Fantastic NSV!!!

Hit my goal weight today of 110 pds. I was 110 pds at my wedding almost 21 years ago.

<
    Photo!!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great success story!

Once I reach my goal weight my wedding dress will be huge since I apparently wasn't motivated enough to lose weight before I got married :(
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. That must have felt awesome!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Thank you all so much. Yes. It does feel good. Now if i could just get over my fear of going back to my old ways...........
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Congratulations and what a wonderful NSV!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    What a special victory! I just love it so much. :^)
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet! Such a beautiful picture! You have absolutely beautiful long red hair, too! I LOVE it! What I wouldn't give for mine to be like that naturally! Congrats on this milestone!
  • mks76908
    mks76908 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That's great motivation for me
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a great NSV! You look great!

For me my goal is to never fit into my wedding dress again, since I got married around my highest weight ever!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Rather a bummer for me, too, but my hair is not naturally Red. Twice in my life I dyed it Red to see what I would look like with Red hair. I loved it, but too hard to keep up, and too hard on the hair. My hair is naturally Blond. Thanks anyway, though!
  • Marsha_2012
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. I would love to be able to fit in my wedding dress but I don't think that will happen. When we got married 34 years ago I weighed 120lbs and wore a size 10 and my husband says I was to skinny back then. But it still would be nice to at least be close to the size.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    That's awesome girl!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What a sweet way to celebrate your success!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm really glad we got pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!