What's 'French' food for you?

Options
1235»

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Poutine! ;)

Blasphemy! That's not French. It's Canadian.
    Almost. It's Quebecois.

Et les Quebecois veux imaginer qu'ils sont pas Canadien!

But poutine is unbelievable!
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Lived in France for a lot of years and never heard of poutine before - sounds good though.
    I shall add it to my list of things to make this autumn (alongside some very non-French pumpkin pie).
  • Anxieux
    Anxieux Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Poutine! ;)

Don't be hating! It's FRENCH Canadian. That's like telling your child they're not part of your family any more just because they moved out and bought their own house. :(
    That's like saying that Spanish food is the same as Mexican food, they have similarities but for example, they don't have mole in spain.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Poutine! ;)

Don't be hating! It's FRENCH Canadian. That's like telling your child they're not part of your family any more just because they moved out and bought their own house. :(
    That's like saying that Spanish food is the same as Mexican food, they have similarities but for example, they don't have mole in spain.

Yeah. Quebec and France are too completely different things.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    pamplemousse
    ananas
    jus d'orange
    boeuf
    soup du jour
    Camembert
    Jacque Cousteau
    baguette

As listed by Flight of the Conchords in their great French song "Foux du fafa"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpe_KHDEfgw

ou est la piscine?
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If I lived in France I would die, simply because I couldn't pronounce anything! I've always heard a lot about French cuisine but I haven't experienced it. If I see the word France the first thing that comes to mind is cheese, lol...
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Pette de soeur and des oreilles de christ :happy:
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We're about to visit my spouse's French family in Paris, and I'm looking forward to a good choucroute garni! In general, when I close my eys and think of French food, I see meats, particularly organ meats. What I DON'T see is vegetables. In my experience restaurant meals (at least) are far more about the proteins, and far less about the veggies -- although the few you get are AWFULLY good.