Cleaning...Light or Heavy??

Options

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Log it! I'm with you!

I'm with both of you. I have my activity level as sedentary and if I move and it burns calories, I log it. I also don't eat those calories back.

Do you log your typing? Just curious.

Wow...what an *kitten*. So glad I don't most of you people in real life...what horrible people you must be.

Wow 11 posts and 2 are name calling. Me's thinks you's might be the horrible one.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hi...I log everything I do...not matter what. If it burns calories, I log it.

Yea, but sitting on the couch doing nothing burns calories....

I forgot to log breathing again

what an a$$hat you are.

You are the one that said definitively that you log everything that burns calories no matter what. Since you burn calories breathing, that's a legitimate statement.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Great, now the thread will probably get locked because someone wasn't mature enough to keep the name calling out of it and broke the TOS.

That's ok...because there's a thread just like it in "Motivation and Support"
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Eh, but cleaning doesn't matter. If you did it when you gained your weight and still do it while trying to lose weight. I wouldn't log it.

Unless you are a cleaner by trait. If so increase your activity level. Cleaning is not exercise.

Well it matters to me...hence why I asked.
    I do a big clean every week and I am still moving. Just because it's not the traditional 'exercise' doesn't mean I shouldn't log it, if I am cleaning for 3 hours - thats 3 hours of moving.

I wouldn't get defensive over a minuscule burn from cleaning. Stuff like that should just be an "every day occurrence" -- like the morning poop. If you're eating back your calories, I sense that you're trying every attempt to justify that Oreo. Not worth it.

Edit: I only read up until the post I quoted.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Great, now the thread will probably get locked because someone wasn't mature enough to keep the name calling out of it and broke the TOS.

That's ok...because there's a thread just like it in "Motivation and Support"

Ahh...thanks for the heads up. It's a slow work day.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    meow

357r6vb.jpg
  • BabyJUDYKAY
    BabyJUDYKAY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The overwhelming majority of people here are supportive in that they want to see others succeed, and so will give advice which will help achieve that goal. The first step to success is to cut out the delusions, misconceptions, and bull****.
    [/quote]

I am not very sure how to quote someone, but that was written. I thought about what you said. There are a lot of misconceptions that people believe without knowing any different. My brother was fit all his life. He played golf and basketball. He was a professional stunt bike performer and won a lot of competitions. Sadly, in his late 30's he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and at 40 years old he died. Being healthy is really important and trying your best, but sometimes life just isn't fair regardless of what you do. I guess I am trying to say is .........be happy, be nice, be grateful, be generous, because you never know how long you will be here. My brother never said one single time, "why me?".
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Log it! I'm with you!

I'm with both of you. I have my activity level as sedentary and if I move and it burns calories, I log it. I also don't eat those calories back.

Wow...what an *kitten*. So glad I don't most of you people in real life...what horrible people you must be.

So someone above messaged me a moment ago to tell me I am a bully because of this thread and considered a mean person.....hmmmm but it is okay to call people such names??? Not only once but more than twice.

Oh the sensitivity here is unbelievable!!!

Wait, what? Someone said you were mean and a bully? Wow…just wow.

And I second the whole calling someone an a$$hat and *kitten*…lady you might want to read the TOS. Because what you have done is against the TOS.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    My walk to the bathroom was heavy walking, my walk back was light walking.

LOL... okay... you gotta laugh at this one... :laugh:

WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO OR NOT HAVE TO LAUGH AT!?

Santana_giggle.gif
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Log it! I'm with you!

So someone above messaged me a moment ago to tell me I am a bully because of this thread and considered a mean person.....hmmmm but it is okay to call people such names??? Not only once but more than twice.

And I second the whole calling someone an a$$hat and *kitten*…lady you might want to read the TOS. Because what you have done is against the TOS.

Oh yes. Fabulousmomma. The lady who started the "what works for me thread"....Told me I'm a bully and mean. That I have the nerve.

Yet I was in no way mean to her or anyone on here. I mean calling me a bully is just mean in itself and a very strong assumption!!

ETA: To stay on topic of the OP. People should stop being so sensitive and taking things out of context. Giving advice or having an opinion is not being mean.

Calling people names is being mean. Doesn't work here nor is it allowed! Grow up.

OP can do whatever she wants. No one is telling her not to. Just giving an advice and opinions. I mean this thread will probably shut down soon anyway!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Log it! I'm with you!

Oh yes. Fabulousmomma. The lady who started the "what works for me thread"....Told me I'm a bully and mean. That I have the nerve.

Yet I was in no way mean to her or anyone on here. I mean calling me a bully is just mean in itself and a very strong assumption!!

That's totally crazy. A couple here asked her to show us the mean posts…she didn't/wouldn't/my guess is couldn't so she's resorted to PMing that to people? PM's are also reportable...
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can not believe that there is 8 pages on this topic! WOW!

Basically log whatever you want! People are giving advice as to the best way to help you succeed in your weight loss, they just don't know how to do it in a NICE way.

When I first started I would log my cleaning, and quickly realized I shouldn't, because that was part of my normal routine, and if I want to get this weight off I have to be more realistic. Don't take offense to the people that can't say that in a NICE way.

Just keep going!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Log it! I'm with you!

plz-stop-post.jpg

Name calling may get you strikes/bans…so it might be wise to head what this kitty is saying. (This is not me being mean, just giving you some advice about the TOS)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Log it! I'm with you!

That's totally crazy. A couple here asked her to show us the mean posts…she didn't/wouldn't/my guess is couldn't so she's resorted to PMing that to people? PM's are also reportable...

I have never had to report before, but than again I don't take things like this to heart. Its a joke really. I actually blocked her. No negativity here.
  • sheeriolove
    sheeriolove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    She asked a simple question, why are you all shoving your opinions down her throat?! Nice way to tell people "this is a friendly motivational non judgmental site" I am appalled at this. IDC if she asked the stupidest question in the world or the most intellectual question in the world, if you don't want to answer it for her, shut up.
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Light cleaning:

Cardio-Versus-Strength-Training.jpeg

Heavy Cleaning:

01.jpg

^^^this!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    ....just guess. Make a number up. Do it as many times as you want. Or dont. It'll remain an infinite mystery as to the exact caloric burn for cleaning. Maybe the calorie burn fairy will come to you tonight and whisper you sweet nothing of that mysterious number.

The answer to all life's questions in the mean time is: 42

Siri told me it's 37.

Siri's a dirty liar! I'mma tell it to her computer face. Clearly, she has no taste for good books!

I just asked her the meaning of life and she said she can't answer that now, but give her some time to write a really long play in which nothing happens….

Man, Siri is snarky and mean.

As long as it's followed by the life of Brian... I'm still in, Siri.

You rang?

My day is made. I can go home from the Internet happy nao♡
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Hi...I log everything I do...not matter what. If it burns calories, I log it.

Yea, but sitting on the couch doing nothing burns calories....

I forgot to log breathing again

what an a$$hat you are.

You really need to be more creative than that...

It's not okay to have a different opinion but it's okay to call people names?

Stay classy
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    She asked a simple question, why are you all shoving your opinions down her throat?! Nice way to tell people "this is a friendly motivational non judgmental site" I am appalled at this. IDC if she asked the stupidest question in the world or the most intellectual question in the world, if you don't want to answer it for her, shut up.

And she got advice and still didn't like that either. Maybe you should read all the responses.

People give opinions on an internet forum because it's an internet forum. Again I'm gonna suggest you read the whole thread because that has actually already been answered too.
This discussion has been closed.