Much needed

Options
Ive known about this site for a while, it took me a while to join because I felt I could do this on my own.. I know I cant now!

I have been back and forth on diets for about a year now.

I use to be at an amazing shape, I would put on clothes and look better then the maniquin they were on. But I went to college, and gained the weight (and I mean a lot of weight) and now I have a body that I am not proud of.

I have low motivation to exercise, Ive been eating better (following weight watchers on my own) for 4 weeks now, losing 4 pounds so far.. this week feels like a gain though)

I need the push from people to do this.
I prefer to walk outside, however its winter and I cant do it.
Im unsure if I can afford a gym memebership right now, as I usually go for about 2 weeks and stop.
I need this.. I need to lose the weight, I need myself esteem back

Replies

• cmuld
    cmuld Posts: 7
    Options
    I too like to walk outside. The winter is not stopping me, I feel so much healthier when I get back. don't give up
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... this a great site
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    rock on for signing on! this is a wonderful site with *tons* of inspiration, motivation and support! peruse the boards - it's always great to find someone in the same boat you're in. and go ahead a friend up people - it's a huge motivator when you have all of your cyber-buddies patting you on the back every time you accomplish something - which you certainly will!

welcome aboard!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Don"t give up.I don't go to the gym I got everything I need at home.Try buying some weights,cheaper than the gym.
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    keep up the great work. i love this site. the food journal alone is a huge motivator for me (and putting in my exercise so i can eat all those hard earned exercise calories!)

i agree with trying to get outside for a walk...........even if it is freezing (think of all the extra calories burned)
    good luck.............keep us posted!
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I always need that extra push!
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You have made the right choice by coming to MFP there is all the support you will need here. I just wanted to say that I hevn't been to the gym I only like the treadmill and I see no point in paying for that when I have a dog and lots of countryside.
    I used to lack motivation in going a walk, I used to enjoy it once I was out but it was the getting me out!
    Now I love my walks, if it's winter it brings as my mother used to say 'a little colour to your cheeks' and a great fresh feeling, I am not sure why you can't go during winter but if you can I highly reccomend it.
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    I did weight watchers too....It's a good way to get ideas and to get a feel for how many calories/points things add up too. However you can just use this site to achieve your goals too....for future reference.

I just joined the day b4 yesterday. I'm so happy I found this site because I can't afford weight watchers or a gym right now....I was thinking the same thing about exercising...(its winter, I can't afford a gym, ect) but yesterday I decided I need to just do it and use what I have...So I went for a very long walk....Its free...the fun part is you get to come home a report it on here and get praise for it :)

I kept telling myself for hours I was going to do it...than finally I did....It felt soooo good afterwards! I think I am going to be looking for some work out videos on youtube too.

Also, there is just good old fashioned push ups, sit ups, crunches...ect. I plan on doing those too eventually.
    Stay strong!! Keep up the good work :)
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I did not have time or the the money for the gym. So one day I just told myself that I had to stop making up excuses for not exercising. I went to walmart, bought a couple of DVD's and started using them 6 days a week. I like the 30 day shred (jillian Michaels) because it is only a 25 minute work out and it still works. It is cheap and it worked. Best 9 bucks I ever spent.

Good luck. This site is really great. It works.
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    WelcoMe and congrats for joining weight watchers. It's a great program. I've done it in the past and was successful. This is a great site. Lots of helpful people and lots of motivation
  • kitta3
    Options
    I think I will go out and buy some dvd's ...for days like today, when there is a snow storm and I cant get out
    and on cold but okay days, I need to suck it up and go!
    if it makes all you feel good to just go... I can too!!
    thanks everyone
  • kitta3
    Options
    well, I walked only 15 minutes, but in a snow storm
    because of this!
    thanks everyone
  • cmuld
    cmuld Posts: 7
    Options
    Well done, You will have burned more calories because of the effort it would have taken to walk in those weather conditions.