cardio makes me hungry

2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    How much cardio are you doing?

There are various theories about whether you need to be eating breakfast before exercising. If you do need food beforehand then something like a banana is good to give you energy. After finishing then you should be eating some protein within a few hours.

Looked at your diary and it was alarming. It must be hard to keep a calorie deficit when some days you are 1300 and other days 5000. If you are going to eat back then 50% as lots of the MFP estimates are felt to be incorrect.

If its working for you then keep on with it.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    :cry:
  • bigT24chiefs
    bigT24chiefs Posts: 50 Member
    Your diary is all over the place. The day before your work out, you were in the 1300. You're a 24 year old male, of course you would be hungry. Nothing wrong with fast food, but more nutrient dense foods would keep you fuller longer.
    yea some days are scattered..usually I come in under calories tho. And I work out three days a week mostly weight lifting which I don't log. I'm learning as I go tho lol bby steps
  • sallybaine
    sallybaine Posts: 15 Member
    I too get super hungry after cardio. I reconcile it by thinking it's my body eating away at my fat stores and that's what I do it for, so I don't cave in to the hunger. Whenever I do I feel like all the hard work I put in to exercising was a waste because I just ate it all back.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    when i get hungry after cardio, i have some protein - non-fat yogurt or protein powder.

but OP, you don't tell us how long you work out or how intense the workout is. that makes a huge difference.