My sugar addiction is killing me! help, please!

Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the problem is binge eating, not sugar. Speak to a doctor or therapist, they would be able to help you work on that behavior and any underlying issues that trigger the behavior.

^^^ this

also realise that binge eating is often the direct response to eating too little... it's a normal survival response... if you want to stop the binge eating, eat normal meals including enough calories for your body to run properly, then you won't have these survival responses kicking in........

and because binge eating sometimes has a psychological factor as well (sometimes severe) I second the above advice... but really if there's a psychological going on, you don't want to be making it 100x worse by eating too little

^QTF

x2

And I'll leave this link here.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources

Even though binge and overeating aren't listed, you can still review the website listed for your country and contact them for help.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    u sound like me
    anyway it's okay to eat sweets but just dont eat a lot of them, lower it to like maybe 1 or 2 sweets a week or something and before u do it work out >.>

I REALLY like that last bit of advice. The body (supposedly, and I believe it) processes carbs more efficiently after a workout. If you want sweets, bargain with yourself that you can only have them after you get EXTRA exercise. Although... I can see us having to remind ourselves that a good workout is not an *excuse* to dive into the goodies.

I think I'll try this. The gym has gotten boring. This might motivate me to get back to it. :D

(picturing the fat girl on the treadmill, running towards a donut that's just out of her reach)