I'm tired

Options
of trying to be creative with meals, my husband and kids are so picky about what they eat its hard to find recipes they will eat that are healthy. I've been trying for about a month now and have found about five recipes they will eat, the rest they found something wrong with. Any ideas for some healthy meals for picky eater?

Replies

• AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I made a really good pizza that wasn't bad at all...

1 Schwebels Flatbread Pita
    1 oz reduced fat feta cheese
    2 tbsp pasta sauce (I use heart smart roasted red pepper and garlic)
    4 oz chicken (grilled)
    Sprinkle of Parmesan

Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.

It is 400 calories and 9 grams of fat....not bad for a dinner, or even a lunch, and is really filling. That recipe is for ONE serving/mini pizza.
  • chrysnel
    Options
    If you can, check out Tosca Reno's book - The Eat Clean Diet for Family & Kids - there are some awesome recipes in there! Mine is a life-saver :) I have a 3-year old, and he likes most of the stuff I have made from there - he especially loves the chicken nuggets! So yummy and so healthy!
  • farsc8per
    farsc8per Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tough for them! Make them suffer!!! Force them to eat what you eat. Its up to them if they go hungry.

They can't say you didn't offer them healthy food.

:bigsmile:
  • micpen2
    micpen2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't give up on some of the recipes you've tried before. I've found with my picky eater that if I present the food a couple more times after the initial rejection, she adapts and grown to like the new recipes. It might be tough to keep pushing the issue but if you hold your ground they will come along.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on some of the recipes you've tried before. I've found with my picky eater that if I present the food a couple more times after the initial rejection, she adapts and grown to like the new recipes. It might be tough to keep pushing the issue but if you hold your ground they will come along.

This. Present the foods over and over, in different dishes. It almost always eventually works.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options

This. Present the foods over and over, in different dishes. It almost always eventually works.

Agreed! I read somewhere it takes 7 (I'm pretty sure it was 7, I remember it seeming like a lot) times for kids to "know" if they like or dislike new foods!