ive been on a egg diet for 5 weeks and lost 21bs

Options
Hey! I started the gym Aug 18th its now sept 24th and I eat 6-8 eggs a day with protein shake and pre work out. That's my day and eggs don't get sick after a while.

I've done barely any cardio but I'm going to start doing that more and I have lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks almost 2.5 pounds a week some times more.. But this diet Idk if its healthy but its working

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss has NOTHING to do with the fact that you eat only eggs and drink a protein shake...

It has everything to do with the fact that you are starving yourself.

8 eggs only has about 550 calories...plus the average protein shake with around 250 or so calories...is less calories than I have before lunch.

You need to eat more. A LOT more.
  • Rederizer
    Options
    I know I'm starving but I have to eat under 1900-2100 the website said to lose weight. I have to get a six pack by June :/ when I hit 170lbs I will start eating and gaining weight but for now I'm just trying to get to 170 lbs the easiest way and I work out 6 days a week for 60-80 mins per session.

I started working out 5 weeks ago I'm still new to this but idk. I just want mc Donalds so bad but I can same with other stuff so I eat eggs
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I know I am starving you said.................... WHY???

Why you starving yourself to lose weight!!! Quick weight loss doesn't work in the long term.

Many people who lose weight fast - Also put on weight fast after.

Just eat healthy & exercise - That's it!!!!!!!!!! Don't complicate it
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    You need a 6-pack and McDonald's...and love eggs...

Go buy a 6-pack of Budweiser from the gas station/McDonald's combo station and grab some egg mcmuffins on your way out...

Problem solved.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

And if you don't like adults posting gifs, this website will make you miserable, lmao.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ok in all seriousness if you are just eating eggs you are probably waaay below calorie goal and not getting all the nutrients you need plus this is not a sustainable diet. I would try and aim for your calorie goal by eating lean meats fruit veg - maybe the odd big mac whatever - just keep it at a sensible deficit and you should lose weight.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good lord.....just eat to your calorie goal....log your food as accurately as possible. log your exercise and eat back a portion of your exercise calories too! You will lose weight this way....you don't need to starve yourself, you will make yourself ill, and your 60-80 minute work out sessions 6 days a week WILL suffer!
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Hummm aw be careful with that. It is more like malnutrition. The weight will come off but I would just be patient. It will come off. You are younger too so I hope that is confidence for you. I agree wit the other gentle man, please eat something.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Haha but doesn't that wreck the whole diet and stuff? I'm trying to lose weight haha I don't get this stuff at allll and I think anytime I ask or anything someone calls me a troll haha but its not my fault I know crap all about this sorta stuff.

so learn... theres a LOT of good stuff on here, and a lot of knowledgeable people... and gifs... lots of gifs...

you say you want a six pack, but starving yourself is just going to make it more likely that your body will use muscle for fuel... so no six pack when you lose weight, just flab....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    its not my fault I know crap all about this sorta stuff.

whose fault is it then?

Is it mine? your parents?

You have the ability to learn, to research and to ask advice

it's not difficult you have all the tools at your hand - try using them
  • BelindaComedy
    BelindaComedy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Read Eat to Live by DR. Joel Fuhrman as a starting point, and then read any and all things you can get your hands on about nutrition. NOT dieting. You'll lose all of the weight and gain it back and it's 4 times as hard to lose the second time. Watch docs on Netflix- Forks over Knives, Food INC, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, etc.

There you go!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Read Eat to Live by DR. Joel Fuhrman as a starting point, and then read any and all things you can get your hands on about nutrition. NOT dieting. You'll lose all of the weight and gain it back and it's 4 times as hard to lose the second time. Watch docs on Netflix- Forks over Knives, Food INC, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, etc.

There you go!

:noway:

Propaganda "documentaries" and biased journals by doctors really won't help...

Again I'll post this link...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Haha but doesn't that wreck the whole diet and stuff? I'm trying to lose weight haha I don't get this stuff at allll and I think anytime I ask or anything someone calls me a troll haha but its not my fault I know crap all about this sorta stuff.

If you want to succeed at things or attempt to do something new, then its always a good idea to learn about things. Simply by reading the forum and the stickies then you will learn sound advice about how to lose weight. Trying to do something when you dont understand what it is you are trying to do is really rather silly.

I'm not surprised people are sceptical about your claims because they are either made up (troll)or incredibly foolhardy. You show very little understanding of how your body, nutritipn and diets works. That information abounds on this site. As was pointed out very early, then you are not eating enough, which might help you with drastic weight loss, but you say you are hungry/ startving. You will not be able to sustain it. Anyone could starve themselves and lose weight. People here choose to follow a sustainable plan for weight loss which is safe. See the difference?

Enjoy your diet.
  • ImmortalFire
    ImmortalFire Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can totally see where you're coming from, but just eating eggs isn't the best way to go. Some of the other people who have replied to this post have some very good points. You do need to read up on weightloss and how it works if you want to lose weight that isn't going to come back. But I will say this you need to eat a bit more. Try adding fruit and vegetables to your diet. If you're feeling tired they will help and will fill you up with fibre which you need unless you want to be constipated. If you're just eating eggs and a protein shake, I'm sorry but you're going to do more harm than good.

Good Luck
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    How old are you really?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Bump
    because I like eggs
    in moderation. :smile:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Also this. How old was my first impression too.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wanted to remind everyone of the following rules:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, you wont get a six pack by starving yourself. And you may not get it by June. Many people work for years to get one. It's determined by body fat level and body composition. Living off your current diet will just be a recipe for malnourishment and the low calories will lead you to lose muscle. You want a program that is focused on progressive compound lifts, some cardio and a moderate deficit. Read the stickies and the link for the sexy pants. And eat more than just eats.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
  • donalynvaughn
    donalynvaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight as fast as you are losing, you lose muscle not just fat (regardless of how much you work out or how much protein you eat). When you gain the weight back (and you will starving yourself to lose it). It will come back as fat, and you will have a much higher percent body fat than you did when you started. Eggs are great sources of protein, but you need more than protein for optimal health. I have been eating 4 meals a day and 3 snacks - eating whole, real, healthy foods and eating 1200 calories a day. I have lost 28 pounds since July 13th.