Ladies: How did you deal with the loss of 'the girls'??

Options
I used to have really great boobs. Seriously. They were pretty much the only thing I liked about myself when I was heavier.

I've lost almost 50# and 2 cup sizes and am not liking what I see. Granted, I'm still rockin' a C cup, and my husband certainly isn't complaining but I almost feel ... I dunno ... like less of a woman. It's so silly - I know that boobs are mostly fat and that they would go down, but I don't think I was really prepared for it. I bench press and do all those other things to try and keep what I've got, it just sucks.

Please tell me someone else has felt this way. Or, am I just nuts?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    padded bras.

Mine don't flux much- but enough. And I just get good bras- with padding in all the righ places.

boobs don't make you as a woman. seriously- imagine if they were completely gone- you still aren't NOT a woman- you're still every bit as much of a woman as you were before.

Learn to identify with who you are- not objectifying something on your body. I'm not my *kitten*- or my boobs. I'm Jo. And Jo is a fabulous woman.

I'll be a fabulous woman with or without boobs.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I was never one that had great company with "the girls" I was and still am an A/B cup. Thank goodness the boyfriend is a "leg/booty man" cause I would be in trouble.
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel the same... I used to have 38DD... and now I am forcing a 36C.... I should probably be in a 36B. and it makes me want to cry!!! :sad: You are not alone!!
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    You are not alone :ohwell:
    I feel the exact way!
    Padded bras and chest press is your best bet :smile: Also, flattering tops
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My change hasn't been quite as dramatic because they pretty much just lost some fullness and perk that they had before. I'm still the same cup size so far though. It does bum me out a bit, but the rest of me looks so much better that I just deal with it. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well, imo...bigger is not always best for me. I am looking way better at a 36C (bcuz its plenty) Rather than a 42 DD .I contribute that shapley ness from lifting weights, it works wonders.

Edit- The padded bra's , I just love them
  • RandaRae16
    RandaRae16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Embrace your new size with a bra overhaul! Go get sized at VS and splurge on a bunch of new, make you feel sexy bras. Knowing that you are shrinking in all areas can be a bit of a cage-rattler but make sure you are embracing the changes your body is going through and flaunt what you do have!

When my boobs shrank after nursing and the baby weight started to come off, I had to do a lingerie revamp and it helped my confidence a lot. Find some shirts that flatter your new, smaller curves and rock what you have, lady!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I wish the girls would go away. Even when I shrunk myself down to the ridiculously inappropriate weight of 102 lbs, I was still a D-cup.
    I haven't followed through on a breast reduction, because the 6-8 weeks of no running would cause me to go insane.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    my T&A were the first things to go. I'm still sad about the whole thing. mostly when I go to try on dresses; my waist is still pretty thick, so to find a dress that fits my middle leaves a LOT of room at the top of the dress. :cry: I'm a bit insecure about it, to say the least. but... I'm healthy, and that's what really matters.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Body acceptance.

(My opinion because padded bras are uncomfortable for me - and never cut right. And the risks of surgery just aren't worth it to me when me and a max of one other person is ever going to see my actual boobs).
  • RacquetChick
    RacquetChick Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way, now I just joke about how easy self breast exams are.

Really, after a while you won't even miss them. I am more fixated on other parts of my body, making sure I have a nice rear... muscle definition.... running goals.

I do make sure I wear a pretty bra that makes me feel like I have at least a little.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I feel ya!!! I went from a DD to a C with my weight loss and I HATE my boobs now. I really, really want a boob job (I'd be happy with C's but I want them full and perky!!) but unless I make a gofundme account and people are dumb enough to donate to such an arbitrary cause I'll be sticking to padded, push-up bras. Yay for Victoria's Secret!! I even wear shape formed sports bras...Seriously, I had bigger boobs when I was 12...
    230268 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The girls have been rejuvenated by a very nice surgeon :laugh: and I love them :love:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I wish the girls would go away. Even when I shrunk myself down to the ridiculously inappropriate weight of 102 lbs, I was still a D-cup.
    I haven't followed through on a breast reduction, because the 6-8 weeks of no running would cause me to go insane.
    D-cup isn't so bad! I lost weight but didn't lose much boob (As in I just fit a smidge better into the bras I already had). I'd love to be a D cup. I'm an F :(
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine went way down and way south too! I'm so saving for a boob job for my 48th birthday! LOL Seriously though, I agree with other replies, boobs don't make you a woman or not a woman, I would give them up all over again to feel as good as I do now that I'm not fat anymore!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I am not defined as a woman by my breast size. There is so much more to me than what size bra I wear. Yeah it was nice when they filled out a cleavage-baring top, but I don't need that to be sexy. I feel better about myself now than I ever have. My body is strong and can do some pretty amazing things and I am happy with that.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Learn to identify with who you are- not objectifying something on your body. I'm not my *kitten*- or my boobs. I'm Jo. And Jo is a fabulous woman.

You're totally right. I think I put a lot of effort into making them look good before so that people would look at them and not other areas of my body, and now that they are shrinking I'm not sure what to do with myself. Haha!
  • Bella0531
    Options
    I definitely feel the same... I used to have 38DD... and now I am forcing a 36C.... I should probably be in a 36B. and it makes me want to cry!!! :sad: You are not alone!!

Yup! My before and after sizes are the exact same as yours. I did go to Victoria's Secret a few weeks ago to get re-sized - it was weird putting on a bra with only two clasps in the back instead of three!
  • Bella0531
    Options

Yeah, I gotta say, the one good thing I've noticed is having less pain while running. There's a silver lining!