Ladies: How did you deal with the loss of 'the girls'??

Options

Replies

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My husband told me when I hit my goal weight, I'll get new ones.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I celebrated. Sorry, I can't relate to being sad about it, but, mine are still an E or a DD cup. I used to be a G cup. Ideally, I'd like to be a D cup, but, I'm close to that so it's not worth doing surgery.

A C cup is a really nice size, especially if it fits your frame well (I have a really large frame so bigger fits me well)
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    I have always hated my small breasts, Losing all the weight I have, hasn't made them smaller yet LUCKILY. I have always had B Cup breasts
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Gone from a 36H to a 32F...Gods but I'm happy for it. As long as they don't look small for my frame, honestly small, not just smaller than I'm used to; then I'm okay with them shrinking. What I'm not ok with is the sagging/empty look that they sometimes get as I lose weight. At some point there might be a stop at a plastic surgeon to fill them up a bit, but for now I'm just letting them be and enjoying being able to find cuter bras.
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Haha I lost mine by surgery back in 2008. I was 'blessed' by family genetics and was wearing a 38 F/G (Mind you it didn't fit my back at all, so was probably bigger than that cup wise), I was lucky enough to have a good doctor refer me to a few plastic surgeons to see if it would be deemed medically necessary. Mind you at this point I was maybe 147 with those .. we used to joke that you could see my boobs come around the corner before you saw me .. so my teenage years were spent in baggie band t-shirts as I was embarrassed by the fact that my bf at the time could wear a one of my cups on his head like a yamaka or hold them to his head and look like Mickey Mouse.

It took my surgeon one look without measuring mind you to tell me I was a good candidate, as you need to have at least 1kg of breast tissue removed from each. I had surgery between christmas and new years and came out a B/C Cup, I am currently in maintenance and wear a 30/32 D/E cup so not too far from where I was surgery wise, at points I miss feeling 'fuller' but realize that my size now compliments my over all figure vs having the back pains and arched shoulders because of the weight.

I had thought about getting a back fill so to speak but with the pain and recovery time involved, I'll just deal. There are worst things in life than a bit of sag ..
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    the girls seem to go first - how I deal with it - I buy smaller bras!!! C'est la vie - that's life!!! Size of my boobs (or any other part of my body) does not define me as a woman!!!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I just bought smaller bras and moved on with my life
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    i didnt lose in my bust at all-thankfully!
  • My change hasn't been quite as dramatic because they pretty much just lost some fullness and perk that they had before. I'm still the same cup size so far though. It does bum me out a bit, but the rest of me looks so much better that I just deal with it. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal.
    +1
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Never really had much to begin with, but my girls were the FIRST thing to go when I started dropping weight. Now I am a very small B cup (borderline A), and they kind of just hang there sadly... not perky like they used to be but that can be blamed on having 4 kids in addition to the weight-loss.
    Be more concerned about how the rest of your body is transforming. A toned, healthy body is way more sexy than some tig o bitties. And if your hubby isn't complaining, then you shouldn't be stressing over it either. Plus, when you reach your goal weight, there is always breast augmentation... (that's the route I'm going anyway!)
  • ILuvCupcakesNLifting87
    Options
    My original tatas have gone to the land of "No return," officially. I guess they went to the same place the 80lbs of fat went so I am ok with it. I went from a 36DD to a 36B :grumble: I am going to buy some new ones eventually but until then it's Victoria Secret pushup bras.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Get fitted at a professional bra fitter (I'm not a fan of VS, but others seem to be). Bask in the glory of a new, fabulous bra!

I've always been large-chested, and I was always sad that the cutest, sexiest bras were never available in a size 36D. I'm still a strange size (32E) which means I cannot buy off the rack in any department stores, but the bra fitters that I've been to have some amazing bras in my size.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I feel like the cuter bras are always in smaller sizes so I'm happy to have them go down. Just easier all the way around! 36DD to 34D probably getting close to 34C now and that's just fine with me!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I've always had "little girls" so it doesn't show so much on me. But if it did, I think going out and buying some really pretty bras that fit perfectly would definitely help matters.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Focus on the positives!

-Less blatant objectification (my eyes are up here, bub)
    -Getting to wear skimpier styles without worrying about mega-bra peeking out.
    -Smaller boobs can be perkier
    -Less pain while working out
    -Less concern of overflow in low cut dresses
    -Looking younger
    -Getting to buy cuter bras and having more styles available.
    -Lowered risk of breast cancer (Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1827274)

I was 38DD. I'm down to 36D. Hoping to make it to 34C. I would LOVE to be 34 C again. My waist and hips are the same size I was 3 years ago, so all my cute old dresses would fit, except for my chest. Ugh. I've been lifting to try to firm them up (well, the muscle underneath them) to keep them in place as I drop down.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I just say to myself that it is what it is. Nothing I can do about it unless I save thousands of dollars for a boob job. Eh I don't need one. My girls are fine now, but I know that I will lose some when I lose more weight. Padding and being secure with yourself is what helps :)
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't changed. I'm lucky (or cursed) that way, I guess.

If it bothers you, get a boob job. ;)
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    Options
    I wish the girls would go away. Even when I shrunk myself down to the ridiculously inappropriate weight of 102 lbs, I was still a D-cup.
    I haven't followed through on a breast reduction, because the 6-8 weeks of no running would cause me to go insane.

This is me to, I want them to go away and they won't even when I lose weight!
  • star_craving
    Options
    It's amazing what good fitting bras can do.

I've lost 70 lbs and my bras were basically not doing any kind of supporting, so I finally broke down and bought new ones. And suddenly, people are noticing my "curves in the right places". And it feels much better now that I'm not having to adjust every five minutes.

Mine aren't even padded - they just give the right lift and support that I needed. :)
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One word: BOMBSHELL. VS has this awesome bra that makes you look like you didn't just lose a ton of boob/nurse three kids/whatever.

I love them.

I understand the whole "accept yourself for who you are" movement. Really, I do. But, sometimes, you just wanna rock big boobs in a hot dress. So, do it.