Friday NSV - post yours below

Options

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I have to add to the one I gave earlier: I got two "Are you losing weight?"s in five minutes today at lunch.
  • DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My almost 40 year old came up to give me a hug and reached all the way around me . And grabbed her elbows!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I killed it last night during my Insanity Fit Test (I'm on Day 15 so it was my 2nd Fit Test)! It was great to see my results last night compare to Day 1. So motivating!!
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wore a new-to-me shirt (read: hand me down) and a pair of my skinnier jeans to work today. Two of my students said that I looked nice! That felt great!!
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I moved my belt from the 7th hole to the 8th hole! :laugh:

I'm also considering trying on a pair of size 14 jeans I have because the 16's are getting pretty loose. The size 28 ones i'm saving will make a pretty impressive picture someday. :bigsmile:
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a smaller bra than I did yesterday! I noticed that the one I had on was really serving no purpose at all, so I put on a smaller one I had from when I lost weight last time and it fit!! I know, some people hate losing "the girls", but going from a DDD to a DD is ok by me :happy:

Realizing the bras I do have are too big - need to go buy new ones!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!!!
  • myjding70
    Options
    I got the elusive, teenage compliment this week: my 14 year old son said, "I can really see the difference in your body. You look tighter, more compact"!!

You know it's the truth if it comes from one of your kids! :laugh:
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All of my pushups and planks are paying off! The upper half of my torso is flat, I can juuust see my first two abs, plus, I am starting to get that hourglass waist indent. My obliques are pretty defined now, too. I hadn't really looked in a while; glad I did.
  • TabithaRose87
    TabithaRose87 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I finally noticed my stomach getting smaller this morning when i was getting dressed, jeans that were tight a month ago, button fine now with not as much muffin top..woohoo! lol
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I ran 30 minutes straight for the first time last night!
  • leomcdee
    leomcdee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The flabby bits above my knees (at the bottom of my thighs) are gone! Today I just noticed weight loss on random body parts, which makes me feel awesome :bigsmile:
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!

My work slacks are WAY too big and keep falling down. Which, while annoying, is a good sign.

My doctor also said that I'm really, really healthy, and the only reason she recommends weight loss is for mechanical reasons, since I run and lift and do martial arts (this was a few weeks ago, but still).
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My best friend asked how my workouts were going so I sent him a picture and his immediate response was "WOW". He then apologized and said I look great and he needs to get back in the gym. Everything since the 3rd grade has been a competition between he and I. lol
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Just noticed today the changes in my body,, even though I am only a little ways to my goal,, I like the changes I see, still have a long ways to go ,, but hey-- its going good!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have two:
    -I went to Saladworks today, and the employee noticed that she accidentally used the regular Caesar dressing instead of the light one that I requested. She said "Oh well. You don't have to worry about the extra calories. You look incredibly healthy." I have not had a positive comment about my weight in my entire life, so I was over the moon on this comment. :love:
    -I am using an insulin pump, and my cannula completely bent a few days ago. I don't like dealing with the high blood sugars, but I went online to figure out why I am experiencing more cannula bending issues. Turns out, I might not have a lot of fat around the place that I placed the set in (my hips), and it could have hit muscle. When I was at my highest weight, it was almost all in my hips and arms, and now that spot is too low in fat for me to put a site there (without worrying about hitting scar tissue or stretch marks).
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I ve been trying to eat better, in moderation, started walking at work during lunch daily a few months back. I just started walking 8 laps at a park, going up/down stairs twice inbetween each lap, for an hour 3-4 days a week for the last 2 weeks. This morning at work an older man I talk to breifly daily in the lunch room asked me if I was walking at lunch today. I told him yes of course! He then said "that is great, you sure have lost weight". Coming from a man(they usually don't notice unless you tell them), it was just great to hear! I had gotten the same comment a few weeks back from this other man I used to say good morning every day on my way in to work but had not seen him in about a month. He said " you're looking skinny"! I would not say I look skinny but it was his way of saying he noticed I lost weight. I will take it!!!:happy: :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • pjs2780
    pjs2780 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    someone literally did a double take when they saw me today for the first time in a few months!
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!

Major NSV for me today. I got tired of feeling like a wannabe gangster with my pants always falling down so I went jean shopping. I've been wearing an oddly cut pair of 14ws and figured I'd MAYBE fit in a 12 but that was probably wishful thinking. I was able to comfortably fit in 10s in two different brands. I've never worn a 10 in my life! Smallest ever was a 12. :))

(plus I had a little scale victory today too, I finally made it under 200! Haven't seen a 1 as the first number on the scale since roughly 1996!)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    i'm on mfp day 62 streak of exercising an hour most days and logging in and sticking somewhat to my goals. It is what i DONT see that encourages me.

. I looked in the mirror today, and i don't see that layer of fat on my arms…i don't see frightening belly that alarmed me into action There have been times i thought.."this is not working." but i stuck with it and refulsed to lilsten to that voice that works to throw me off track.

I find all your comments encouraging…thanks for posting.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!