Favorite hot sauces?

Options
I've been on a spice kick lately, though the hottest raw pepper I can take a chomp of is a serrano. Hot sauces are a really calorie-cheap way of making dishes taste more interesting, gotta watch out for the sodium though.

I'm really liking Tapatio-brand. It's not vinegar-based like Tabasco or Frank's, so it's got this fuller, more peppery flavor that's just what I've been looking for.

Replies

• ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love sriracha sauce. It's more of a paste than a sauce, and has a fuller flavor compared to Tabasco. I do like the chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce, though.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I have three that are ALWAYS on hand at home.

Sriracha
    Chipotle Tabasco
    Tapatio

one more I like is sambal.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Cholula, it's not very hot but it makes everything taste better.
  • SusuAtta22
    SusuAtta22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me, Sriracha all the way. I also really like the chili garlic sauce Huy Fong Foods makes (same brand as Sriracha) and I love Valentina on Mexican food.
  • akchildress24
    akchildress24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love them all Sriracha, Franks, Tobasco Red and green. Also great are hot mustards and wasabi.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a Thai Kitchen brand of sriracha and Cholula hot sauce in the original version on hand. I pretty much always have some form of hot sauce in the kitchen at all times. I love sriracha on my sweet potatoes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love Franks, and Crystal because I LOVE vinegar, but Sriracha and sambal are also delicious.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a total hot sauce nut, got a whole slew of them.

Classic Cholula is mild, but has great taste. I like the Chipotle flavored one too.
    I use the Thai Kitchen Sriracha style sauce for a lot of things, on burgers, eggs, dim sum...
    Then there are the really hot ones most people I know can't handle :
    I love 'Endorphin Rush' which has a nice zing to it, with a great taste. Not a fan of the too sour ones, personally.
    Dave's Insanity collection I use to spice up my salad sauce (yeah, weird I know).
    The hottest ones I own are Mad Dog's '357' (with a bullet on a key chain around the bottle neck) and Da Bomb's 'Beyond Insanity', where 1 or 2 drops suffice to turn a whole pot of chili super spicy!
  • shani_m
    Options
    My favorties have to be Sriracha and Valentina! :P
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I like Siriacha, Chinese mustard, and the chili sauces you get in Asian restaurants lol
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Sriracha
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Grace hot pepper sauce
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Frank's Buffalo hot sauce
  • mythopoeic
    mythopoeic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like the heat and love Heartbreaking Dawn's catalog!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    I vote Sri Racha AKA Rooster Sauce. If it comes in a glue bottle, it must be good.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Franks, the Green Tobasco, the cheapo stuff at Aldi that's identical to Louisiana.

Dave's Insanity sauce is great for chili.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    sriracha if on stuff like eggs, etc. Sambal if I'm mixing it into something like a sauce or dip.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Crystal, Louisiana and Tobasco. I love the vinegar taste. I put it on so many things.
  • RollosJ
    RollosJ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Tapatio , sriracha and cholula are my staples with some castillo salsa habanera when im feeling brave.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Cholula is my fav, but I like Sriracha as well.