Getting too much protein

2»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Aragon and Norton are coming from a bodybuilding standpoint, which is great, if that's your standpoint for your own protein intake.

Most MFPers aren't bodybuilding and would be fine taking the recommendations from the authorities on general health.

Is your protein intake fine? Of course.

Does the mere suggestion of 'too much protein' deserve the insulting Britney gif? No.
  • skapo72
    skapo72 Posts: 6 Member
    Where do I go to adjust my protein targets then? It seemed weird that it was going over, but I couldn't find where to adjust that stuff. And how much protein should I aim for? I go to the gym 3 times a week, and I jog and do Karate. Pretty active, but not super active.
    Thanks for all the help, I know it was a dumb question, but the numbers turning red just made it seem like I was overeating it when I wasn't supposed to.
  • Elivingword
    Elivingword Posts: 18 Member
    I too need to know if my weight loss will be hindered if I go over on the protein and sugar and still have 400 calories left to eat. Please reply. Thanks
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Wow! I basically have to devour protien all day. Lol my amount is 233g! I have ultimate weight loss/energy balance when I do a combo of calorie counting and IIFMM (If it fits my macros) which are P= 40% C= 35% F= 25%. So much meaaaat!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    The more protein I eat, the less hungry I am. I think high protein intake is fundamental to successful weight loss, but that's just me.
    I also like to pick up heavy things and put the back down, and you have to have lots of protein for that.

Everyone is different though.My spouse is apparently some sort of carbivore. I can make him an amazing high-protein meal that fills me up for hours, and half an hour later he is scrounging for snacks. I on the other hand will be hungry within the hour if I stuff myself with pasta.

I don't eat "clean" or keto or paleo or anything. I just value my protein macro (and calories) above all else.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    NO
  • Elivingword
    Elivingword Posts: 18 Member
    Great. Keep up the good work.