550lbs NO MORE EXCUSES!

Options
2»

Replies

• turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started my journey on MFP about 3-4 years ago maybe. I've been up and down with my weight and neglected the site for a long time. But I've restarted my journey when I jumped on the scale one day and found out I was close to 400lbs! But I'm on here for good, so add me if you want! :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    HI Andy. :) My name is Sarah. I started my journey about 3 years ago and weighed 465 lbs at the time. I Know this can be done and I know you can do it. Starting with a great supportive friend base is wonderful. It sounds like you know the right things to do just remember on those days you feel like giving up or not logging in, remember how you felt yesterday. What made you log back into here. What made you decide it is time to do this. Never forget tht feeling and keep logging in. This site and my friends have helped me over the last 3 years overcome some huge obstacles. IF you are looking for support feel free to add me :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    Options
    HI Andy. :) My name is Sarah. I started my journey about 3 years ago and weighed 465 lbs at the time. I Know this can be done and I know you can do it. Starting with a great supportive friend base is wonderful. It sounds like you know the right things to do just remember on those days you feel like giving up or not logging in, remember how you felt yesterday. What made you log back into here. What made you decide it is time to do this. Never forget tht feeling and keep logging in. This site and my friends have helped me over the last 3 years overcome some huge obstacles. IF you are looking for support feel free to add me :)

Yep and Sarah is a Rockstar!!!! Feel free to add me also! :)
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Permanent life style change is my focus in this thing once and for all. My weight has gone down way too fast, way too quickly with no real success. Can't say I lost it because I always found it again, along with too many of it's tag-along friends too :( I'm looking for like-focused support so let's go!
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! we'll be glad to help you to stick to your goals...

Remember, this is no horse race. Steady, firm steps, no matter how small, that's what counts.

Keep a positive attitude, keep the hope, and keep logging! you will reach your goals and more before you think.
  • Melodee_Ann
    Melodee_Ann Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! The more support we all have ~ the better! Good luck on YOUR journey!
  • brettrhino
    Options
    You got this bro. Add me... I log on many times a day and am accountable.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Having watched your previous success, may I humbly suggest making this time round a slower, more sedate weight loss journey? You were seriously under eating last time and in the long run it did you no good. Please try to eat what mfp tells you this time and accept a slower, more sustainable loss.
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Wish you great successes in your journey to health :-)
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YOu can add me if you would like:)
  • cafmystic
    Options
    Hello- I had to laugh, I'm sorry- I got the same message- I hadn't offed in for 6 months, and sad to say I hadn't even used the site. Then for some reason I checked out the app and saw the bar code scanner! What a great tool- and it's free! I get so discouraged sometimes but I'm psyched this time. I'd be happy to be your friend and give you support. I've tried every diet out there. Lost 5 or 10 or 20 pounds and then gave up & began eating again. Stopped exercising. Hated myself for failing once again. I'm bigger than I've ever been and have type 2 diabetes. You can do this. We can do this.
    Peace and all good. It's all good. You're back and this time you'll do it. You're worth it. So if you want, friend me. :)
    Colleen
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would suggest this time around, that you do not aim to lose the weight as quickly as possible, as that may well be why you fell off the wagon and binged. It is better to aim for a slightly slower pace and make changes you can comfortable sustain for life, meaning, make gradual changes, do not try to give up all your favourite foods, but rather learn how to portion them and integrate them within an overall healthy diet and above all, do not allow bad days to lead to more bad days, weeks, years.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Having watched your previous success, may I humbly suggest making this time round a slower, more sedate weight loss journey? You were seriously under eating last time and in the long run it did you no good. Please try to eat what mfp tells you this time and accept a slower, more sustainable loss.

Beat me to it, lol.
    Sound advice.
  • lenehreut
    lenehreut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm just restarting today too, I'm on everyday and leave plenty of comments. I have an open diary as well if you're interested :)
    Feel free to add me, I'm really in need of a support community, and would love to be a part of yours!