How many calories should I be eating??

Options
Hello ????

I am a 22 year old female, currently weigh 210lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs. I started MFP journey in March this year and have so far lost 22lbs, I have my calories set to 1,200 per day on here as this gives me a weight loss of 2lbs roughly per week. I class myself as sedentary as I have a condition which makes it difficult for me to work out regularly, I try my best to walk on the treadmill for 30 mins twice a week when I can.

I would like some advice because eating 1,200 is difficult and hard to stick too, I am scared to increase my calories incase I start gaining pounds that I have already lost..

Thanks in advance
xo

Replies

• Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello ????

I am a 22 year old female, currently weigh 210lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs. I started MFP journey in March this year and have so far lost 22lbs, I have my calories set to 1,200 per day on here as this gives me a weight loss of 2lbs roughly per week. I class myself as sedentary as I have a condition which makes it difficult for me to work out regularly, I try my best to walk on the treadmill for 30 mins twice a week when I can.

I would like some advice because eating 1,200 is difficult and hard to stick too, I am scared to increase my calories incase I start gaining pounds that I have already lost..

Thanks in advance
    xo

Do whats best for you. If you go over, you're already at the minimum, so you're going to be okay. Hell, I'd LOVE to be 210lbs again :p
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you are unable to walk more to earn extra calories, then change your goal to lose 1.5 pounds a week as this will give you more calories.
  • Rederizer
    Options
    Google calorie counter !!

Its what I use and I'm on a egg diet but I have lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks I was 249 now I'm 228.

Plus youre pretty

My day looks like this

6 eggs like 500 calories
    Protein shake
    Pee work out
    Beef jerky
    And like a lot of water if not water then diet pop but wafer works plus I work out 1 hour a day of intense training . I'm suppose to eat 1800-2000 calories a day and I'm full with under 1400-500 calories lol
  • pbandbananas1996
    pbandbananas1996 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more. I know you're trying to lose weight, but 1,200 calories is what a 6 year old needs, so I think that's too low even for weight loss. What's more is the fact that your BMR (basic metabolic rate) is WAY over 1,200 calories. Your BMR is the amount of calories your body needs just to function. You're starving your body of the energy it needs to be healthy.

I agree with Lifting4Lis. I think you should make your goal 1.5 pounds a week. That's still almost an 80 pound loss in one year.
  • cnowotarski
    cnowotarski Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know that I couldn't get by with 1200 calories a day either! I actually started my goal at .5 a week and I'm doing fine! I don't mind doing things slow and steady! I'll increase it once I get in the groove with this, but any time I've done the 1200 calorie diet I end up getting frustrated! I would agree with others, and change your settings to lose a bit less and then you can eat a bit more and not sweat it so much!
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the input and advice ???? I have changed to 1.5 pounds a week as my weight loss goal and must say my body feels better already!.. I am just so impatient but suppose it took a year to put the weight on so it will take a while to get it off! Thanks guys!! xo