What Bad Habit Should I Drop Next Month?

Options

Replies

• wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Definitely diet soda!

I think diet soda may have to be an all month thing.. xD
  • theCaityCat
    theCaityCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Diet soda. When I stopped drinking diet soda, my cravings for junk food diminished. I still eat cookies sometimes, but not nearly as often as before!
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    Options
    ive herd diet soda isn't @ all good for u..but i'd have to say ice cream..thats my down fall..&sometimes motivation..
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, and you can substitute that with low fat yogurt, or frozen yogurt that is very good but not loaded with the calories. Not certain my you want to give up on diet soda, unless you're drinking too much if it, but for a nice change up there is diet iced tea in most stores.

Restaurants or eating out, is just portion control. Most restaurants make certain that no one whether male or female ever leave hungry, so be careful of cleaning your plate, and make healthier choices off of the menu.
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Self determination.

Oh, that wasn't on the list? Is there a write in shop spot?

Haha my problem is that my determination comes in waves.. I get super motivated and give 110% and then something breaks and I fall straight to 0% just like that. This is a tool to help keep that motivation.

I used to struggle with the same issues... I'd give all or nothing attitude, give 110%, but the slightest bump and I'd just say '**** it' and go to 0%.

I learned to recognize this self destructive pattern tho and rewired myself to think and act differently. All things in moderation. :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Not having self control! Really bad habit.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I have a few bad habits that I am trying to stop and I guess the best way to do it is to put it to a vote. So the top four highest voted bad habits will be chosen and I'll go without one respectively each week of the month.

Keep in mind, if I listed a specific food (cookies) its because I can NEVER have just one - I eat til those bad boys are GONE. lol

Vote by replying with one of the below:

Eating Out
    Diet Soda
    Caffeine
    Chocolate
    Ice Cream
    Cookies

In addition to your vote, maybe offer a suggestion for a substitute or maybe something I could try for that week? My diary is public so feel free to look at it.
    Eating out. Because you'll never get an accurate calorie count.

The other bad habit would be to stop overeating. You can eat the stuff mentioned above, just LEARN to create a habit of not scarfing it all down.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Diet soda. Substitute water.

Water is the best thing to drink!

If you have other caffeine, you won't even have to deal with withdrawal. If you don't have other caffeine, taper it down! You don't want those headaches!

Good luck!
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options

And it stems from a childhood of being rail thin and everyone trying to 'feed' me lol I still have that mentality of EAT EVERYTHING it's terrible
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Diet soda! I think if you replace it with some really great tea, or just water, you won't miss it after a while.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

And it stems from a childhood of being rail thin and everyone trying to 'feed' me lol I still have that mentality of EAT EVERYTHING it's terrible

You wouldn't feel the need to cut out any of your favorite items listed above if you had self discipline. I have struggled with that. I am trying to find a balance and what is right for me. You can do it when you really want to.
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, I was a full on soda fiend and cut that to diet soda, not much maybe a glass a week now. Water is my substitute, put to around 3 litres a day now from a glass a day.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This thread
    TNHm1XW.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have a few bad habits that I am trying to stop and I guess the best way to do it is to put it to a vote. So the top four highest voted bad habits will be chosen and I'll go without one respectively each week of the month.

Keep in mind, if I listed a specific food (cookies) its because I can NEVER have just one - I eat til those bad boys are GONE. lol

Vote by replying with one of the below:

Eating Out
    Diet Soda
    Caffeine
    Chocolate
    Ice Cream
    Cookies

In addition to your vote, maybe offer a suggestion for a substitute or maybe something I could try for that week? My diary is public so feel free to look at it.
    But, nothing on that list is good or bad, so what is the purpose of giving anything up? Why not just eat out once in awhile and eat the foods on your list in moderation? In fact, moderation is the only way I was able to lose 44 pounds and to successfully maintain for about 9 months. First time in my life, too.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know that these aren't bad in moderation, but I'm not good at eating in moderation, or else I wouldn't be here xD

Rome wasn't built in a day and I wouldn't expect your diet to be overhauled in a similar time frame either. But if you have a specific goal or interest, go for it. Otherwise I say keep it at and keep researching tips and ideas. You'll get it no problem.

My vote is not on your list - get a food scale and weigh all your food that isn't a freely pouring liquid rather than using cups, tablespoon, small medium large, etc. So not weighing your food is the "bad habit" you should eliminate :smile:
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Diet soda.

Substitution - REGULAR soda. (Fake sugar, bad.)

Oh, and drink mostly water too.

:drinker:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know that these aren't bad in moderation, but I'm not good at eating in moderation, or else I wouldn't be here xD

Rome wasn't built in a day and I wouldn't expect your diet to be overhauled in a similar time frame either. But if you have a specific goal or interest, go for it. Otherwise I say keep it at and keep researching tips and ideas. You'll get it no problem.

My vote is not on your list - get a food scale and weigh all your food that isn't a freely pouring liquid rather than using cups, tablespoon, small medium large, etc. So not weighing your food is the "bad habit" you should eliminate :smile:
    I wish there were a like button for posts. I agree 100%.
  • givemewillpower
    Options
    Diet soda! Since I stopped drinking it my weight loss has sky-rocketed!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Haha my problem is that my determination comes in waves.. I get super motivated and give 110% and then something breaks and I fall straight to 0% just like that. This is a tool to help keep that motivation.

I'd vote for THAT bad habit instead of giving up any specific food item. Instead of 110/0, apply the 80/20 rule - eat a varied and nutrient rich diet for 80% of the calories and your favorite "junk" can make up the last 20%.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What about instead of dropping a bad habit, you add a good habit every week that will help you achieve your goals? For example,
    -trying a new vegetable or recipe
    -meal prepping for the week
    -pre-logging all your food for the day and following it
    -packing your lunch everyday
    -weighing all your food, etc. whatever you want.

I don't like to feel restricted so I prefer to add positive habits rather than take things away.
    Good luck!