Ideas for a reward when I hit target

13»

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    A baby. I was 204 (BMI =obese) when I started and hubby and I want to start trying for a baby in April 2015. I want to hit my target weight by then so I am healthy when I carry. It also scared me that I may need to lose the baby weight plus my current weight if I didn't slim down before hand.

Other rewards I have thought of: I was thinking of going for a full spa day including massage, pedicure, and facial. I have also been considering coloring my hair (I know that's not a big one but I have kept my natural color for 6years). Oh... and a new bikini. God only knows where my old one...when I was able to wear one... ended up
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    okay so non food related rewards are what my dietician told me... 100 lbs lost I got a fitbit, 150 lbs lost I got to go to my local junk yard and crush cars, when I get to 200 lbs I will go roller skating and finally at 250 lbs My goal I will go line dancing and have the outfit to go with it I am 8 lbs away from 200 lbs lost half my starting body weight.

such great rewards! :) I got myself a fitbit & a polar FT60! I've promised myself a really nice jacket from REI sporting goods store when I reach my goal weight :)
  • I thought about this too. As far as rewards when I meet milestones (20 lbs etc) I don't do that; but the big reward I want is probably at 1/2 way to goal and the "finish line" (which is never really a finish line but just starting maintaining the weight).....so with that said:

these are some of the things I thought of:

Clothes
    A vacation
    Heart rate monitor
    a Race
    watch
    Jewelry
    new pocketbooks
    new sneakers
    computer
    join a gym
    get to know the new you:)!
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Think about your hobbies or interests that you have yet to explore. When I hit my ultimate goal weight, I'm signing myself up for dance classes: ballet and aerial. Though, I may start ballet earlier as the course starts in January, no matter what.

Also, think about things that fit a more active and healthier lifestyle, because this will be your lifestyle from now on if you plan on keeping the weight off. A brand new bicycle? If you already have a bicycle, maybe one milestone reward could be a new helmet or one of those cycling outfits. New golf clubs. Tennis lessons. Maybe a mandolin slicer to make super pretty salads. Massages are supposed to be great at preventing loose skin. Go to a spa and treat yourself to a great massage.

Is their anything you wanted to do but found yourself too insecure to try due to your weight? If so, do it!!!
  • Clothes, definitely.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Pandora bracelet and charms

This is what I do. I get to buy a new charm every 5 pounds. (And as of this morning I get another one!!!!!!!!) :D:smile:

ETA: Realized after posting that OP is male...so.......
    Think about your hobbies or interests that you have yet to explore. When I hit my ultimate goal weight, I'm signing myself up for dance classes: ballet and aerial. Though, I may start ballet earlier as the course starts in January, no matter what.

Also, think about things that fit a more active and healthier lifestyle, because this will be your lifestyle from now on if you plan on keeping the weight off. A brand new bicycle? If you already have a bicycle, maybe one milestone reward could be a new helmet or one of those cycling outfits. New golf clubs. Tennis lessons. Maybe a mandolin slicer to make super pretty salads. Massages are supposed to be great at preventing loose skin. Go to a spa and treat yourself to a great massage.

Is their anything you wanted to do but found yourself too insecure to try due to your weight? If so, do it!!!

+1 Good ideas!
  • new jeans !!!!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    I'm telling myself I don't get any rewards until I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal, which I have about 14 pounds left for the first one. :laugh: But I'll probably buy a new beadweaving kit as it's my passion. Or get my hair dyed. Not sure which one is coming first. When I hit my maintenance weight it'll be a lot of new clothes.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    quick update on what I decided to treat myself to.... a new lower weight target! onwards and upwards eh! :-)