Ultimate weight loss calculator

Options

Replies

• bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It's cool, but I don't know...

I have a bit of an issue with it saying that my ideal weight at 5"4 is 128 pounds. That looks really thin on me, is nearly impossible for me to maintain and I doesn't take muscle mass into account....

according to medical chart for 5'4" small frame range is 114-127, medium frame is 124 - 138 large frame is 134-151
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done ~ I've saved it to my favorites!! I really like all of the details that you've included in the calculator :smile:
  • 141622j
    141622j Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thanks for the lovely feedback. I have made a TON of changes today and have hopefully addressed all the issues raised so far. Let me know if there are any other features you'd like to see! I also included a frame size modifier which will produce an adjusted BMI and ideal weight based on your frame size.

Metric version coming soon I promise!

EDIT: I forgot to say, if you found this calculator useful please share it :)
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This. Is. Awesome.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    May I ask where you got a 10% differential for frame size?
  • 141622j
    Options
    Hey there @rabbitjb

I did some digging around on the internet and it seemed there was a general consensus that adjusting BMI down by 10% for a large frame was acceptable. (I have got my sources for that written down somewhere, but not to hand right now) so I figured that a plus 10% adjustment for a small frame made sense. I don't have a medical citation for that though, which I did make clear on the calculator.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer either ... But I found 10lb not 10% and was concerned you'd misread

I think its a great job by the way, :smile:
  • drmartz55
    drmartz55 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I found it to be very easy & pretty much confirms what I have found from other sources in regards to my BMI, TDEE and weight loss goals. The zig-zag & 5:2 is interesting also.Thanks so much!
  • 141622j
    Options
    UPDATE: Metric version is compete and working!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    LUV luv luv!! Thanx.
  • happymommy321
    happymommy321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It would be neat if it added in an option for nursing mothers!
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    I got #REF! And #VALUE! for some fields. Love the calculator though. Wish all the fields worked for me.

When I lowered the calories each day from 1,200 to 800, the fields with #VALUE! gave me figures although two other fields still give me #REF!

"It will take you" and "you would lose" are the two fields that give me #REF!
  • 141622j
    Options
    Hi @elizabethnewh

That's strange, it seems fine to me. I did just fix a load of stuff though, so if you ran it whilst I was changing things that could be why?

If you have a sec could you try it again, and if it still isn't working could you tell me what you input, so I can figure out the problem? I'd really appreciate it.
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Is your email address the one at the link starting with JM? I can take screen shots for you and send them to you. Let me know. I did go in and input things fresh and still had the same problem.
  • 141622j
    Options
    Yep that's it, please do send screenshots, that'd be really helpful!
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Super :). Will do :)
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    It works now when I input 1200. You must have fixed whatever wasn't working 45 minutes ago. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
  • 210andgoingdown
    210andgoingdown Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is great! LOVE IT!

Just a quick question... my stomach was so happy when I saw the zig-zag and 5:2 ideas but my brain questioned it. Would zig zag and 5:2 work as well as a steady daily plan? My understanding is that the body will hold onto fat when you 'starve' it and if you eat too much at once, maybe the body doesn't process it as well?

Directions to resources welcome!

Thanks for your hard work :flowerforyou:
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I love the improvements you've already made to this. This is going to be my go-to calculator for sure and the one I send others to.