Heather Vaughn Ive been eating 4000 calories a day!!

Options
Wow so I just started becuase I have been in denial and wondering why im gaining and I just realized by eating 4 slices of pizza at lunch. chips . 3 32 oz dr peppers a day and a big bowl of dinner at night that i cook for my husband and a quick fast food breakfast I have been eating 4000 calories a day.. I can not even believe it. Today is a new day though and I am aware

Replies

• haku23
    haku23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's always a shock to see how much you've been eating before you track, isn't it?

Welcome to the site and good luck with achieving your goals! :)
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how fast those calories add up! Awareness is the key to change... good luck!! :smile:
  • briebuck
    briebuck Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ya - thats why even when you go over track it! . i always over eat i swear my stomach can hold more than most people. but the good thing is that it shrinks so fast so just hang in there! pretty soon it wont take 4 slices to fill you up!
    i just started today after a binge month :(
  • pug_geek
    pug_geek Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also how fast the little things add up. Ive been on many diets before and the weight watchers app but I find this site so much better than others.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It's incredible how nowadays it's effortless to put away 4000 calories with little food. A hundred years ago, this wasn't possible. Today's food is just horrible, it's almost some kind of conspiracy to fatten up the population. No wonder there is such a rush toward "clean eating".
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will start to see food in a whole new light. A small bag of chips or a huge bowl of salad?
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    That is crazy becasue I TRULY believe that and have for a long time. think about it the more calories and fat they pack in items the fatter you get .. the more big pharma and doctors make of diet pills...weight loss surgery and just hospital visits in general with half the american population being obese
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the welcome. I have been trying to do a water fast but My food addiction is just too strong so im going to take baby steps. Today I started NO soda and count calories. I can eat what i crave but i need to get it under x calories which will be hard but i believe i can do it.
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    This app really is great.. I love the comm;unity section ..its the perfect all in one
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    I just ate lunch.. 2 pizza slices a small bag of chips and a diet soda and now I only have 200 calories left for the whole day! WOW .
  • cmeride
    cmeride Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius, Confucius: The Analects

You will be amazed at how quickly you begin to feel great. Stay focused
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it can be a real eye-opener...

I was eating 5000-6000 cals a day before I started my journey, and you wonder why I was gaining 15 lbs a month... lol

but now you know and now you can change :)

Good luck!
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Its certainly eye-opening isn't it??? I was very unaware of calorie content until I joined here. :smile:
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    that is crazy!! that is about the rate i was though so maybe i was eating more .. congratulations on 126 pounds lost that is AMAZING
    !!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I just ate lunch.. 2 pizza slices a small bag of chips and a diet soda and now I only have 200 calories left for the whole day! WOW .

So what happened to "today is a new day"?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So see, you could eat 2000 calories a day and lose weight fast, if you maintained upwards of 4000.

You must be active in daily life. Make sure you were honest in your selection of activity level.

Don't accept barely eating anything, because MFP is making an estimate of what you burn daily based on your selection.

But your eating level actually spelled out much closer what you must burn daily to have been slowly gaining.

Don't shock your system by eating 65% less than your body could maintain on - that's a recipe for disaster on so many levels.
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Welcome to MFP Heather.... OhMyGosh only 200 calories left for dinner and a possible snack? What will you do?
    Don't beat yourself up if you go up 500 cals. It's your first day and you want this to be a Life Change. Just be sure to make very wise choices.

You can do it.
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started on MFP I just logged everything without making any alterations to my diet for 2 weeks and was horrified! My 'healthy' nut salad was loaded with calories, my favourite breakfast of yogurt, fruit, oats & nuts could rack up in excess of 500 calories and on a Friday night (take-out and a couple of bottles of wine) my partner and I could easily put away 3000+ calories on top of breakfast and lunch. Very steep learning curve for me!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Really. I would ditch the pizza and chips. They are not your friends. Yes, I eat pizza or chps on occasion, but when I first started, I was very aware of the nutrients I needed to cram into my calorie limit. Baked pork tenderloin, grilled chicken, steamed veggies, fruit, and small amounts of whole grains and dairy. . . all weighed carefully. You can eat a lot of food if you choose wisely.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    welcome....congrats on taking the step(s) to be aware..........only good from now on. feel free to add me as a friend, have a great day...its a great place for friends, support and discussions....:flowerforyou: :smile: