Alternatives to water?

Options
13»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I like the mouth feel of something fizzy. When I crave that I drink seltzer. I like it plain, and I also like to flavor it with a little lime juice or lemon juice. A little goes a long way. No sweetener required! Works with plain water too.

Note: There is a difference between club soda and seltzer. Club soda has sodium; seltzer doesn't.

That is why I love my SodaStream: my tap water is really hard and tastes funny from the chlorine and chloramines so I filter it in a Pur pitcher and fizz some up when I want it. Plain, filtered tap water with CO2 added gives me the fizz mouth feel without the extras that come with things like club soda and mineral water (not to mention not having to haul cases of cans or bottles upstairs to my apartment and haul the empties to the recycling dumpster in the basement parking).
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Depending on my mood, I either have:

Rose Lemonade Water (Organic Rose water + fresh squeezed Lemon juice + Monk Fruit + filtered water)

Watermelon Mint Water (semi-frozen Watermelon + fresh Mint leaves + filtered water)

Pina Colada Water (1 oz of Coconut water + 1 oz of 100% Pineapple juice + filtered water)

or I make protein drinks, like my current favorite:

Protein Pumpkin Spice Latte (2 Tbsp Pumpkin puree + 1 tsp PP Spice + 1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk + 4 oz hot coffee)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I make my own vitamin water. I take a big pitcher(or container) add water and then slice up some fruits and sometimes cucumber as well. I let it sit overnight and you have a delicious flavored water that has vitamins and is good for you without the artificial sweeteners.you could always take seltzer and add a little bit of juice to flavor it(or even the vitamin water) if you want something fizzy.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody

I've been drinking purely water for about 3 weeks now, it's been great, but now I'm starting to get a little bored...

I completely cut out coffee when I started my new lifestyle and I'm not missing it too much, so I'm not actually bothered about drinking that.

Does anybody know any alternatives to water? Obviously water is going to be the best thing to drink and also the main, but is there anything that I can have that is equally as good (as a treat, so to speak)?

Thanks in advance!

A

I know a registered Dietician who calls fruit "the water you chew". And many vegetables contain a lot of water. Also, milk is almost 90% water. Then, if you're like me and have no angst about diet sodas, they are almost 100% water.
  • ArdieAgain
    ArdieAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've always liked Crystal Light. But I almost never use it as strong as they suggest - I put it in a 20 oz bottle of water or else it is too sweet for me.