How far can you run?

Options
I'm just curious, how far can you run?

Replies

• Dansk_USA
    Dansk_USA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm relatively new to running, so at 6mph on the treadmill, I can go about 5 miles. When I am outside on the gravel with the hills around here, I can go about 4.
  • sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    3.8km in 25minutes , outside..on a 'good' day
  • clare120
    clare120 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am new to "real" running (meaning that I actually want to do it and I have set goals for myself). After one month of training my longest distance was 5.01 miles at 6.1 mph.

When i started I could run 1.5 miles comfortably, though.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Today was my first time jogging outside, generally, I'll jog on my bosu until I burn 300 calories (about 30-35 minutes). I can do 1 mile in about 10 minutes. I did 3.92 miles in 42 minutes, I did stop to walk during some points to catch my breath and get my heart rate back down to a good level.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I did an 11 miler last weekend in preparation for my very first half. I've been running two years. My pace was around 11:30 per mile.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, how far can you run?

depends....how long is that zombie gonna stagger along behind me?

ETA: and did he bring his friend T-Rex along?

dog-running.gif
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I plod along at 5.0 and I can go about 1.75 miles before I wanna die :)
  • AceCC86
    Options
    I can make it 2.25 miles at 5 mph. I'm a smoker, though, so I may not be the best baseline...
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    My longest training run so has been 18 miles, but I'm planning on a marathon next year and some longer races, too.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    7-8 miles
  • indiekicks
    indiekicks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not very far or long at all. Running's always been hard for me.
  • goanothermile
    goanothermile Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    13 miles today. Training for a half in two weeks.

My goal is to finish in under 2 hours. I've done it before in this race, but will need a lot of thing to go just right.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I completed a 20 mile training run today, running continuously. I've also completed 3 marathons and 11 half marathons.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I can run from my car, into the house to the bathroom, depending on how bad I have to pee.

Seriously tho, I am working on walking right now. Then walk a little faster and farther. One day I hope my new knees will let me run, at least a little bit.

Good for you all. Keep up the good work.
  • dwljazzman
    dwljazzman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The longest distance I was able to run was 4.3 miles without stopping, it was outside and started with a 1/2 mile up hill and made a huge loop. I haven't ran that for years but It would be nice to see, in high school my fastest time was a 6:05 minuet mile. It would be nice to start running again and see where I am at now.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Uhh? I once added two 30 -second bursts at 5.0 mph to my treadmill routine. D@mn near killed me!

That being said… I'm working up to it! Plans to run a 5K sometime in the spring and then another one in the summer. I'm comfortable at a brisk walk finally… so I'll get there!
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just started running and my best so far has been 2 miles total, but split up in increments of running and walking. The longest at one time is 3/4 of a mile. We all start somewhere!!!
  • Etharian
    Etharian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My longest is a half marathon (13.1 miles). Over the past year, I have gotten busy with other things and my running has slipped. I was running 7:30ish miles at my best now I am running 8:50ish. Hoping to get my 5K time under 23:00 in the next few weeks.
  • tlwallis94
    Options
    I usually run for about 50/60 minutes, and last time I went on the treadmill I could do 5km (3.1 miles) in a little over 20 minutes. I don't often use the treadmill so I usually just head outside and run for as long as I can.

I do sprint workouts too, which absolutely kill! Great results from it though, in appearance and endurance.