Calories in a can of green beans?

Options
I'm planning my food out for tomorrow. I don't have much in the pantry for dinner. It's either mac and cheese or green beans. I think green beans would be the better choice. The can says 20 calories per serving, and about 3.5 servings a can. That's about 70 calories, but it could be more. I don't have a food scale.
My question: what do you think would be the maximum amount of calories in the can, preservatives included?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Since you're seeing a therapist for the eating disorder, I'm sure you've also seen a nutritionist who reviewed how to read labels.

Multiply the servings per can by the calories per serving. That's the can's total, give or take a few.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't the better choice be a serving of the mac and cheese AND a serving of the green beans?

70 calories is not much of a meal and is very low in macronutrients.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are looking for attention with this as like most people with EDs, I am sure you are fully aware of how to add up calories in things to the precise number. You should be focusing on treatment, not on how many calories are in a can of vegetables. Also, this should be in the nutrition section of the forum really.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You should be focusing on treatment, not on how many calories are in a can of vegetables.

I cannot agree more with this. Are you sharing with your therapist that you're asking these kinds of questions on here? It would be important for him/her to know that.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there is a recipe for mac n cheese with green beans in the recipe section. Eat them both. And something else besides.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there is a recipe for mac n cheese with green beans in the recipe section. Eat them both. And something else besides.
    And a chicken as well