Texture Craving

I'm hungry and have no idea what I want, but I do know it has to be chewy. This has been going on for a week or so, and no I'm not pregnant (zero chance).

What kind of chewy? I have no idea.

Not juicy steak or rich brownie, not potato chips or carrots, not bread or cheese or nuts or a crispy juicy apple...

So I had some potato soup and chicken sausage instead, because that was clearly a solution. :-/

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Gum?

Pineapple?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Calamari :bigsmile:
  • fawrk
    fawrk Posts: 10 Member
    Oh I get that too! Usually I'd have yoghurt with rolled oats, 'cos it gets chewy after a while :D Then I'll finish off with a fruit or a bar :)
  • fawrk
    fawrk Posts: 10 Member
    Oh, frozen pineapple works too ^^
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    If you're me, probably gummy worms. I used to physically crave them, the slight crunch from the sour sugar coating and then the sweet, gummy chew. I ate them 1-3 times per week for a good two months, probably.

I haven't really craved them since this time last year.

In addition to what others have mentioned, you could try different granola bars, protein bars. I like yogurt and granola because it provides that unique texture.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Well, pineapple sounds pretty good right now, but it wasn't what I wanted last night.

I had a slice of toast with butter and garlic powder, and gave up my dreams of satisfying the need for chewy for the night.

However, I made cornmeal biscuits tonight, with sage and thyme, and a little grated cheese on top, which would have been perfect last night. So, maybe it was more of a bread type thing. The chewiness of the baked-in cheese was delightful.
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    I crave for carbonation. Luckily there's soda water!
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Calamari :bigsmile:

Ha! That is certainly the chewiest food I can think of, too! I never really liked it unless it was sliced super thin and deep fried, though. Otherwise, it is like eating a rubber band with some seasoning on the outside.
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    How about some french onion soup with a slice of crusty bread that's been soaked in the soupy goodness? Yum. :love: