Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Texture Craving

I'm hungry and have no idea what I want, but I do know it has to be chewy. This has been going on for a week or so, and no I'm not pregnant (zero chance).

What kind of chewy? I have no idea.

Not juicy steak or rich brownie, not potato chips or carrots, not bread or cheese or nuts or a crispy juicy apple...

So I had some potato soup and chicken sausage instead, because that was clearly a solution. :-/

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Gum?

Pineapple?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Calamari :bigsmile:
  • fawrk
    fawrk Posts: 10 Member
    Oh I get that too! Usually I'd have yoghurt with rolled oats, 'cos it gets chewy after a while :D Then I'll finish off with a fruit or a bar :)
  • fawrk
    fawrk Posts: 10 Member
    Oh, frozen pineapple works too ^^
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    If you're me, probably gummy worms. I used to physically crave them, the slight crunch from the sour sugar coating and then the sweet, gummy chew. I ate them 1-3 times per week for a good two months, probably.

I haven't really craved them since this time last year.

In addition to what others have mentioned, you could try different granola bars, protein bars. I like yogurt and granola because it provides that unique texture.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Well, pineapple sounds pretty good right now, but it wasn't what I wanted last night.

I had a slice of toast with butter and garlic powder, and gave up my dreams of satisfying the need for chewy for the night.

However, I made cornmeal biscuits tonight, with sage and thyme, and a little grated cheese on top, which would have been perfect last night. So, maybe it was more of a bread type thing. The chewiness of the baked-in cheese was delightful.
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    I crave for carbonation. Luckily there's soda water!
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Calamari :bigsmile:

Ha! That is certainly the chewiest food I can think of, too! I never really liked it unless it was sliced super thin and deep fried, though. Otherwise, it is like eating a rubber band with some seasoning on the outside.
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    How about some french onion soup with a slice of crusty bread that's been soaked in the soupy goodness? Yum. :love: