Females: Did this make you insecure when you lost weight?

Options
Ever since I dropped a ton of weight, my chest got a good deal smaller. It's kinda disheartening because while I like how I feel and am working towards a goal of what I want my body to look like, I can't help but wonder if I would rather be chubby and still have a bigger chest.

Anyone know how I'm feeling?
& how did you cope if you do.

Replies

• Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, but about my butt! My chest can shrink more, I won't complain...

I'm doing exercises to strengthen my glutes.
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know that I wouldn't rather be chubby. I lost a lot of weight, and I noticed a lot of it came from chest in the last month. It doesn't make me feel insecure, but it does feel weird. I've been big busted all of my life and now I'm not. It's definitely an adjustment.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My chest still stayed big! I lost 66lbs and lost from my back measurement, but not my cup size. I've got an hourglass shape and it kind of stays that way.

I'm losing weight after my third baby, so I expect my boobs to get a bit smaller as they're bigger than they were, but once they're pre-pregnancy size I expect them to stay that way. To be honest, if they got smaller I wouldn't mind.
  • kath5591
    kath5591 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    [Removed my comment. I think I'd rather stay quiet & private.]
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't worry I was in the same boat!
    I lost a lot of weight and to much of my disappointment (even to this day) I lose my weight up top first! First it comes from my chest until you can see the bones/rib cage up against my skin when I did certain movements (My collar bone is very prominent already and I have very little chest muscle), then my back and arms - not gonna lie, I do love walking around and flexing my back, its a guilty pleasure. Anyway, so I hold my fat around my hips and thighs, so damn annoying!

Being overweight I was C cup, after losing the weight I went to practically nothing, an A in most - B in some. How did I cope? Well, I lived in overly padded bras. It wasn't fun but it was bare-able! Unfortunately, I have an auto immune disease (psoriasis) and I found that constantly wearing the padded/push up bras would irritate my skin quite badly.

I maintained my weight loss for a long time, did 1-2 years of research and then decided that I deserve to feel confident naked, I felt like I had earned it. So probably not the answer you're looking for, but what I did, I saved and had a breast augmentation :)

Now I'm healthy AND confident! Another thing that I'm stoked about is that most the bones you use to be able to see in my chest are now hidden.
    I'm not saying this is your answer, of course, but it's definitely an option as long as you do your research and am comfortable with that sort of decision, like I said it took me almost 2 years to finally decide to do it!

tl;dr- boob job ;D But be proud of what you have already achieved! I'd still take the no chest over chubby sides any day, my only real pushing decision-maker was my auto immune disease.
  • Black_Cats_Rule
    Options
    Yes, my boobs got smaller/slightly saggier and my butt got smaller. Once I reach my goal weight I'm going to see how my body/proportions look and am seriously considering a BA but am undecided for now.
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    When i lost weight before having my kids i went from a DD to a B .. I loved my boobs sooo much but since having 2 babies and breastfeeding my boobs are back to good size.
    but yeah scared crapless about loosing them but i just think to myself i actually got with my partner when i was thin with no boobs..
    and it does only cost around 4grand for a boob job?haha :(
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    oh yeah - boob issues - always been a big girl - when plump my bra size was a 42E.... Now I am a 36D. Now I know that sounds still big but for every 2 inches down to stay the same cup size you go up a letter. So I was still the same cup size I would be a 36H... I console myself that this would look rather out of proportion on my new body shape......

It is weird looking down and seeing my feet though.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    having a fit body and small breast is so much better than having chubby body and big boobs. Mine have always been small but they were way bigger when i was fatter. I wouldn't trade my flat belly and legs for bigger boobs.
    congrats on your weight loss :)
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes went down a size and I wasn't that big to begin with, I'm now very comfortable with it and much happier having smaller breasts, at the end of the day they are a lot less hassle, I don't have to wear bras all the time and I think make me look smaller in general. And butts all the way! I do lower body exercises a lot too. My boyfriend still loves them
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Yes, but about my butt! My chest can shrink more, I won't complain...

I'm doing exercises to strengthen my glutes.

^^^ I used to be hourglass - BIG but hourglass. Now my hips are disappearing ,(at least 5") my waist has reduced (4") but my boobs won't shift (well 2" of back fat has gone). I now look as though I will topple over :laugh: I'd love them to shrink
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Being a G cup I'm pretty desperate to lose breast fat. I've considered breast reduction surgery but it's much bigger operation than breast augmentation and I'm likely to drop a few cup sizes by the time I'm at goal. Having been conspicuously big busted all of my life I wouldn't care if I went down to an A (this won't happen of course - just that I'd be happy to be completely rid of them). All my big bust has ever done for me is make me too self conscious to exercise publicly, made clothes fit poorly, give me deep bra-strap grooves in my shoulders and cost me a fortune in bras.

In short, if anyone else has enjoyed them over the years it hasn't been me!

I might need surgery to remove loose skin and if so this will likely involve tummy, breasts and arms.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Being a G cup I'm pretty desperate to lose breast fat. I've considered breast reduction surgery but it's much bigger operation than breast augmentation and I'm likely to drop a few cup sizes by the time I'm at goal. Having been conspicuously big busted all of my life I wouldn't care if I went down to an A (this won't happen of course - just that I'd be happy to be completely rid of them). All my big bust has ever done for me is make me too self conscious to exercise publicly, made clothes fit poorly, give me deep bra-strap grooves in my shoulders and cost me a fortune in bras.

In short, if anyone else has enjoyed them over the years it hasn't been me!

I might need surgery to remove loose skin and if so this will likely involve tummy, breasts and arms.

I agree. I will need a lift after this. I too have considered surgery, but the recovery looks miserable. It also seems like there are some pretty big risks. I'm excited because I have gone from a G to an E cup! Believe it or not they actually look small to me! I do not enjoy them either. They cause me issues. I am thrilled that there are finally decent sports bras out there!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ever since I dropped a ton of weight, my chest got a good deal smaller. It's kinda disheartening because while I like how I feel and am working towards a goal of what I want my body to look like, I can't help but wonder if I would rather be chubby and still have a bigger chest.

Anyone know how I'm feeling?
    & how did you cope if you do.

I have lost weight from my breast, most of which was fat, that I am not sorry to see disappear.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My ladies can go! They're gigantic and it's hard to find a bra for them. I can't wait for them to go down even more if they do. I'm so happy they're going down. I was even considering getting a breast reduction.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mine have gone from a DD to an A. They don't look bad, not terribly saggy, but they are just...not there. I am saving and I will have a breast augmentation done.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Nope. Sorry, having a bigger chest makes me LOOK bigger. Ya, not what I'm going for.
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I stopped caring after a while. (44J --> 34B.) A good bra makes a world of difference!!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If I could lose my belly tomorrow and have to shrink to an A to do it, I would do it. No hesitation.

Sigh. A girl can dream...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love my new *kitten* WAY more than I miss my old rack. Worth it.