How far can you run?

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, how far can you run?

It depends. The farthest I've run has been about 15 miles on a training run, that was at about a 9 minute mile.

Most of my training is in the 6 mile range at anything from 8:30/ mile to 10/ mile depending on my objectives for the session, with my long run each week ranging from 8-14 miles depending on where I am in my plan.
  • ljackegan
    Options
    I'm on week 8 of couch to 5k in 9 weeks I would recommend to anyone to build up slowly from walking it's great
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    No further than a 1/4 mile....

But I can walk 8 miles! Does that count? No? Okay then...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The furthest I have tried running so far is 5 miles, in 51:36. Only started running in August.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I can make it 2.25 miles at 5 mph. I'm a smoker, though, so I may not be the best baseline...

I'm a smoker, too!

I do 6.5 miles in about 1hr 15, but I prefer to run the 5k (3.1 mile) and I do that in about 30-31 (although I pulled a 28:37 out of the bag at race for life in May and I still don't know where that came from)

Maybe some day I'll get up to 10 miles, but I'm lazy.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    More than the bugger behind me will chase me for!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    the longest i've run continuously is 18 miles. but, i've also clocked 20 miles per day on numerous occasions - doing 12-13 or so in the morning, and the remainder in the evening.

i've done a couple halfsies, finishing under 2 hours in both, but have never wanted to run a full marathon. half marathons are fun for me, with no pressure. a full marathon i don't think would be very fun, and i think i'd stress out about it too much.

interestingly though, i had a dream last night i ran and kicked *kitten* in a full marathon.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I can usually run from the couch to the toilet, but any farther than that my knee acts up.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of marathons and that's 26.2 miles, but I didn't think it was worth the wear and tear, so now I only do half marathons. The half is just long enough to know you put in some effort, but short enough that you still feel good at the end. :drinker:

I think my favorite distance is around 8 miles. I get a pretty good high off of that distance, it's a good workout, and I'm not completely wiped out at the end. I'm not a fast runner, but I can go and go without stopping.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    As of this morning - 5k :-)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    My longest run so far has been a 31 mile trail run...I plan on going further in a couple of weeks.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    If jogging on a treadmill counts, I did a mile a few days ago at a 2.6 mph pace. ^.^
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Started with C25K last May, this year my longest race has been 30k (18.6miles), I've done 3 half marathons (with another next week) and my regular Sunday long run is usually between 10 & 13 miles (without stopping). I'm about to start training for a spring marathon and have signed up for my first Ultra (a 12hr overnighter in July).
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 3-5 miles depending on how much energy I have and how hot it is.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I finished the C25K and the C210k and ran two 10 K races. I now run around 12k at least twice a week and one or two shorter runs as I am training for a half marathon.
    Stef.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Longest I've done lately is 13.1 miles, but I could go farther if necessary. Not sure how much. I'm not trying to increase distance now, but speed.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I can't run. I take panic attacks every single time that I do. I walk very fast though and have no problems.
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Longest run was 10K (6 miles) in an hour.

Average runs are 5K usually under 30 minutes. Just did my best 6.4K (4 mile) time this week at 37:09.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    my farthest run to date is 16 miles
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    What is this run of which you speak? I've never been able to run. Then they found out I have exercise induced asthma. Maybe with my inhaler I could do it but I'd rather dance or do Tae Kwon Do.