Any 5'11 girls?

Options
124»

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Ladies there is one thing you need to remember.
    Tall Girls Rock.
    That is all...
  • henriettevanittersum
    Options
    Oooo yay! Tall ladies! I'm 5'11" and am looking to trim myself down for my wedding in six months. Can I please just ask you all about wearing heels? Do you shy away from them because of your height or do you embrace it? I always tend to shy away.

Shy away from heels? NEVER! At 6 ft I get noticed anyway, may as well look my best!
  • jamicoello
    Options
    5' 10", I have plateaued at a little under 165, it's kind of discouraging... :/ But I didn't gain any back when I stopped counting, so I'm hoping now I can lose a little more now that I'm back on here. I was aiming for 140, but I think I would look too skinny, so I think 150 would be good. :)
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    For any ladies who don't know- there are at least 2 groups specifically for tall women:

Totally Tall Women of MFP
    Tall Women

Perhaps there are more, too...

Join them under the community tab "groups"
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Giiiirlll people are lookin' at you in your heels when you're 6'2" because you're hot ;) everybody loves an Amazonian woman! Haha :) but seriously. I used to think I looked like a giant in heels too until, when I expressed this to my grandma (who is 5'8" used to be 5'9") she told me that she thinks tall women are elegant and beautiful :) and so now when I wear heels I think "aww grams"

My grandma was also super tall, like 5'10" (even in her old age). She was anti-heels and always told me that flats were more flattering. So I rarely wear heels because I feel like I already tower over everyone. BTW the "Amazonian " made me think back to when I was in high school - I used to have blonde hair (please don't judge me) and my brother nicknamed me "Blonde-zilla"!!! He would make Godzilla noises when I would walk down the hall or into a room. It was awful, but funny! I have a friend who is 6'2" or 6'3" and she wears heels all the time. I lack the confidence and the balance!

Your post sounds a lot like me. My grandmother was short but always told me, 5'11" that wearing heels was a shorter women's curse. That I am the height that they wish they were. So walk tall, be proud and leave the heels in the stores!
    I was also called a Amazon by many boys in High School. And it turned into Blonde-zilla too. I had the blond hair! But I found my sweet heart right there...... in High School. He says he never even noticed my height. He is about 1" shorter. That my personality and smile stood out above my height! He is a keeper!
  • SunflowerCutie
    SunflowerCutie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8/9 and currently 206lbs. Back in the 200s :(
    My goal is to get to 160-175
  • reddyred7
    reddyred7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also a 5'11' girl and im currently at 173 pounds. I was happiest at 140 so a long way to go to get back down there but Ill take those 33 pounds and do what I can to get rid! My downfall is most definatly sugary foods... :(
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and a half, lol...My current weight is 176, my highest was 305. My dr. says that my absolute lowest should be 151, which in my would be actually probably scary skinny. I also have size 13w+ feet and huge wrists and bones.

I'd love 140 but probably won't get there, maybe someday :)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Dammit....I'm not a girl nor am I 5'11". Although I think in middle school I was 5'11 at some point. Does that count? And I'm only one X chromosome away from being a woman.

This made me literally LOL
  • kathdell
    Options
    Im 5'8 and weight is around 167 lbs , if someone's similar please pm ;)
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    5'9 here - 215lbs. I hope a lot of you ladies are here as this is an old thread. My goal weight is 165/170. I used to be so thin growing up and into my mid twenties. Getting older (now just hitting 40) and having 2 kids (5&7) my weight just gradually increased.

The heels thing- I love that a lot of you rock the, as I shy away. I need to get over it and start wearing them too. Feel free to add me.:-)
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    In he morning I'm 5'11 but by the end of the day I'm only 5'10 1/4, I weigh 153 as of this morning. I am bulking and eventually want to be competitive at a bikini comp! I don't care what weight I am when I get there.
  • figfighter
    figfighter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, 6'1" woman here. Any tall ladies please add me! My goal is 165 and I'm currently at 224. I definitely feel like it's tougher being a tall woman when you are also heavier. Like being extremely tall didn't make me stand out enough already. About heels, I wore them all the time when I was younger! Up to 3 inches because I just didn't care. Right now I would never wear my heels. And I thought it was tough buying clothes for my height already, but when you add being plus sized now....well, anyway. Just rambling. Tall ladies add me :)
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot 11. i also weigh 195 lbs. but before you think....WOW thats too big... you need to check out my pics. i am 195 lbs but i am also a size 8. Its alll muscle.... well most of it. But the thing is... THE SCALE DOESNT MATTER!!! what matters is how you feel in your clothes and standing in front of a mirror with not much on. I lift heavy 5 days a week and i do minimal cardio. The proof is in the pics ladies. Hard work pays off!
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm 37 and 5'10" and as of this morning, Im 186 lbs. I started my weight loss at 195 on Sept 4th, so Im really thrilled with my progress (getting a FitBit is the best thing I've ever done...I strive so hard to hit those 10k steps every day!)

I was always in good shape until my late 20's... Throughout high school and military, I was around 140-145, solid muscle. Guys kept challenging me to arm wrestle or saying they would be scared to fight me. That was annoying! Im not trying to fight anyone!!

When I went up to 155, I felt the ultimate best about my body, because I was less muscular and people stopped comparing my body to a mans. I definitely did not look too skinny plus Im a pear shape, and my butt is crazy big no matter what size I am (my best feature, thank you very much..I love being a pear!!!)

So my goal is 155-165... Im choosing a range because as I get closer to goal, it will be less about the scale, and more about how I look and feel. If anyone would like to be friends, please add me!!! And also if you have a Fitbit, let me know so that we can be friends on there too!!!
  • sabrinete
    Options
    I'm 5'11, only 17 years and i weight 136 lbs... I'm looking be healthier lately