im not happy at all right now...

Options
I did good all day then i decided to have some pancakes earlier tonight so i can take my medicines but i didnt know they would have almost my whole days calorie allowance! I ended up being above my goal calorie intake by almost 300 when i combined the pancakes with everything else i had today. Not gonna do that again!!!!

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    you either have a rather reduced calories intake daily or else have gone thru a ton truck of pancakes?!?
    Anyway - if you not sure of what you are eating and it's contents - track in advance and make sure it fits your macros...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    300 over means you're probably still in a deficit so I wouldn't worry about it too much!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    So the other day you were considering quitting because you had a cup of noodles, now you are upset over pancakes. I think you really need to start looking at your diet as a whole not as one meal. Pre log your food, don't be overly restrictive, and remember this isn't about 1 meal it's about overall well balanced diet.

Also how many pancakes did you eat that are almost a whole days worth of calories? Either you went to all you can eat pancakes and used lots of syrup/butter or your daily calories might be set too low.

Good luck to you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    So the other day you were considering quitting because you had a cup of noodles, now you are upset over pancakes. I think you really need to start looking at your diet as a whole not as one meal. Pre log your food, don't be overly restrictive, and remember this isn't about 1 meal it's about overall well balanced diet.

Also how many pancakes did you eat that are almost a whole days worth of calories? Either you went to all you can eat pancakes and used lots of syrup/butter or your daily calories might be set too low.

Good luck to you
    +1
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Good luck to you
    +1
    +2

Here's a link to a bunch of helpful links.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1455850-new-here-have-questions-this-may-help
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I did good all day then i decided to have some pancakes earlier tonight so i can take my medicines but i didnt know they would have almost my whole days calorie allowance! I ended up being above my goal calorie intake by almost 300 when i combined the pancakes with everything else i had today. Not gonna do that again!!!!

If you are that worried, add 15 minutes extra to your exercise every day.

There are more important tings to be worried about than going over 300 calories - poor health, how am I going to make the rent next month, etc.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I always add my food before I eat so I know where I'm at. In your case, I would have seen where the pancakes put me and I would have made a different decision. Or, I've made pancakes before and just eaten them plain, with no syrup. Pancakes themselves, don't really have that many calories, it's the syrup that's the big calorie killer.

I know people that add all their food at the end of the day and are surprised when they are over. I just want to bash my head against a wall. It's not that difficult to log the food you are thinking about eating and see where it puts you calorie-wise. Or, during the week, I pre-log a lot since I already know what I'm going to eat for the day. It makes it easier, mentally, to stick to it.

I do this as well. You can't make appropriate decisions without accurate data. Pre-log!
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    300 cals. don't sweat it!!!!!
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set for 2 lbs a week, but I've also set it for 1 lb and maintenance to see what those numbers are. So I work within that range. If I go over to the 1 lb a week goal - no big deal. And even up to maintenance for a day or so - not a big deal - I just don't expect a loss that week. It gives me a range to work in and I don't get so obsessed with one "magic" number. I also try to pre-log as much as possible.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    . I just want to bash my head against a wall.

Whoa...That's a serious reaction to a post....Time to distress, I'd say :tongue:

J/K
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you're set at a half-pound deficit, you were still under maintenance. Move on, that's actually not bad for one day.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Go to the Getting Started section of the message boards ... read the stickies ... understand how this whole MFP thing works and how much of a deficit is built in to your daily goal.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Go to the Getting Started section of the message boards ... read the stickies ... understand how this whole MFP thing works and how much of a deficit is built in to your daily goal.

+1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    For one, this is the second post in days of this nature. For two, you needed pancakes to take your meds? Stop making excuses. There are plenty of healthy foods you could have opted for but you obviously wanted pancakes and did not check the calories first. You have the tools here and the support but you are obviously not yet ready to take this seriously and make use of them.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Actually, I think hopping on a treadmill and sweating it off might fix said issue (if one really considers 300 over an issue) :smile:
  • boxingandlifting
    Options

Actually, I think hopping on a treadmill and sweating it off might fix said issue (if one really considers 300 over an issue) :smile:

This ^
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    For one, this is the second post in days of this nature. For two, you needed pancakes to take your meds? Stop making excuses. There are plenty of healthy foods you could have opted for but you obviously wanted pancakes and did not check the calories first. You have the tools here and the support but you are obviously not yet ready to take this seriously and make use of them.

I had pumpkin protein pancakes for dinner. I made them protein pancakes. They were awesome. I'm over my calorie goal by 300 and guess what. i don't care. #noregrets
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i went 700 calories over my goal today. awhoops. there were times in the past when i've tried to lose weight where literally just one day of going over my goal would be enough for me to throw in the towel.. or not log the extra calories out of shame (even with a private diary). then i realized a few important things.... even going over by that much, i was still eating right about at my maintenance.... one day won't ruin all of my hard work. i don't need to 'punish' OR 'forgive' myself for it. i just need to be honest with myself, and log everything i eat, even if it puts me over my goal - then i can go back and see that in the grand scheme of things, it will all balance out.

now, if i were consistently going over on my calories, then i need to go look at those days and what i'm choosing to eat... and if i'm eating just to eat, or if i'm legitimately hungry. if i'm slipping back into old habits of not portioning my food properly, then i gotta own up to it and make some changes - or if i'm eating cause i'm really hungry, then maybe its time to reevaluate my calorie goals, cause maybe they're just too low for me.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I had pumpkin protein pancakes for dinner. I made them protein pancakes. They were awesome. I'm over my calorie goal by 300 and guess what. i don't care. #noregrets

Yup, and that is the difference between you and op... you ate them, enjoyed them and are not making posts bemoaning being over your calorie goal multiple times.