The Best Peanut butter?

Options
I am curious as to what is the best peanut butter for you? Health wise & one that doesn't taste horrible lol! Currently we have JIF in our pantry. My Daughter loves peanut butter, so we always have it. I know a lot of peanut butter is not good for you, but a little is ok.

What are your favorite brands to buy? Does anyone have any info on Natural peanut butter or Organic? Is it any better really? A friend also suggested Almond butter, does anyone use this? & what about taste? Thanks!

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    I use Smucker's Creamy Natural...
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    i get the peter pan peanut butter that is like 30% lighter or something like that...its 60 cals less per serving than normal (150 vs 210 p/ 2 Tbs) and it tastes just like the other one...if u dont care about the cals then try peter pan honey roasted- its delicious (210 cals per 2 Tbs)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Best is natural organic where the only ingredient is Peanuts, anything else added makes the product less healthy.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I dont have a healthy one yest but I have read really good reviews on Better'n Peanut Butter and only 100 calories for 2tbsp I have yet to find it in my local store.....:grumble:
  • Stinger97
    Options
    Better n' Peanut Butter. 100 cals for 2 tbsp. It's delicious with some grape or strawberry jelly on a piece of toast.
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have Jif in the cabinet too... and I have a hard time just having a little! I've also got PB2.. in chocolate and regular flavors. It is great to use on toast! It doesn't taste as good if you eat it by the spoonful (Hey, don't judge me). You can find the info at BellPlantation.com
    I would love to hear what others have to say... always could use a PB replacement that will be a little easier on my waistline :)
  • hmsmike
    hmsmike Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like JIF .... I can't do that floating in the water all natural crap ... but thats just me! :-)

I eat JIF on the reg in the mornings with my mini bagels --- A little goes a long way, just don't glop it on!
  • rachelc96
    Options
    I've looked around for healthier peanut butter and this is what I found:

Lower fat = Higher sodium
    and.....
    Higher fat =_____? Less sodium, correct!

I think all brands of peanut butter are practically the same, I guess it's a just personal preference as to which kind you buy.
  • Shell521
    Shell521 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I dont have a healthy one yest but I have read really good reviews on Better'n Peanut Butter and only 100 calories for 2tbsp I have yet to find it in my local store.....:grumble:

wow I will need to look for that! The one we have right now is 190 calories for 2tbsp. I could eat peanut butter on everything lol but I know its not healthy for me to do!
  • gmom81158
    gmom81158 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I buy PB2 by bell plantation. Its powdered base and you just add water to make it spreadable. Awesome in shakes, yogurt, over frozen treats, as a dip for apples and best thing-45 cal for 2 tbl!!
  • Shell521
    Shell521 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Better n' Peanut Butter. 100 cals for 2 tbsp. It's delicious with some grape or strawberry jelly on a piece of toast.

Thank You! I just googled & did a search on where I can find it & My local Trader Joes sells it! I will be heading there this weekend to pick some up & give it a try!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Smucker's naturals. No added anything, just peanuts. You have to stir a little to mix the oil into it but that's no big deal.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    JIF FTW!
  • madmegan
    madmegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like Almond Butter. It tastes different because it is of course. =P If you like almonds then I am sure that you would like it also though. I don't really think that any nut butters are lower in calories than any of the others though. I miss both now. I don't eat them because they are just too high in calories for me to justify eating. There are much lower calorie sources of protein that I can eat and have a larger portion of. I would love to find a lower calorie version if it's out there...
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I also have Jif. Simply Jif though (the one with the white label). low sodium and less sugar than regular.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    skippy natural creamy :-D YUM!
  • sss3
    sss3 Posts: 1
    Options
    75 lbs I'm impressed!!! Go Girl
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I really like Adams Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.

Calories 200
    Total Fat 16g
    Saturated Fat 2.5g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g
    Monounsaturated Fat 8g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 105mg
    Total Carbohydrate 6g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 7g
    Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium0 % Iron 2%

I'd go for the Unsalted version if I could, but my store does not carry it. I'll have to hunt it down one day. It is virtually the same, but it has 10 more calories, and 0mg sodium.

I'm not concerned about the calories in peanut butter...nor about the fat content. It's peanut butter, it's supposed to have fat, and what it does is fairly healthy if you get the right PB! I'm more worried about the sodium content.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    More and more studies are showing that you should choose almonds over peanuts. Since almonds are a tree nut they are nutritionaly better for you than peanuts wich grow from the ground. I find that the best thing is fresh grind almond butter or organic almond butter. If you are still looking for a healthier peanut butter, 365 Organics at Whole Foods has a wonderful selection of no sugar added peanut butter.
  • Leaner_on_me
    Leaner_on_me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best that I have found is PB2 Peanut Butter Powder. Below is a fact sheet. It mixes with water and you can not tell the difference in taste. It also comes in chocolate,

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
    6.5 oz.
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons (12 g)
    Servings Per Container: 15
    Amount
    Per Serving % Daily
    Value*

Total Calories 45

Calories From Fat 13

Total Fat 1.5 g 2%

Saturated Fat 0 g 0%

Trans Fat <.01 g

Cholesterol <.01 mg 0%

Sodium 94 mg 4%

Total Carbohydrates 5 g 2%

Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%

Sugars 1 g

Show Net Carbs
    Net Carbs
    Minus Fiber 3 g

Protein 5 g

Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, sugar, salt.

Recommended Use: Mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 with 1 tablespoon of water and stir until smooth. Prepare as needed.

Warning: This product contains peanut proteins.

This product may contain traces of nuts.