Looking for low carb vegetarian recipes

Options
Collidoscopekid
Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
Does anyone have any ideas for low carb vegetarian recipes? I am not getting rid of carbs completely.I just want to cut back.Being a vegetarian I reach for carbs a lot to help fill me up.Just looking to change things up some.

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I'm a lower carb vegetarian. Feel free to add me as a friend for ideas.

Disclaimer: I have been a little off track lately.
  • andasenberga
    Options
    I'd appreciate some tips on this, too :)
  • aurabu
    aurabu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hey, I have just found a website called eatthismuch, it generates personalised diet plans, it is quite cool
  • 1992Leigh1992
    1992Leigh1992 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm a low-moderate carb vegetarian. I like to have at least some grain or starch with my evening meals, but try to focus on getting lots of protein during the day. Can I add people here for recipe ideas?
  • godswill206
    Options
    hey, I have just found a website called eatthismuch, it generates personalised diet plans, it is quite cool

Thanks I've been looking for something like this.
  • kath5591
    kath5591 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There's a good book by Rose Elliott called The Low-Carb Vegetarian Diet. It's got vegan variations. The recipes are clear and easy to follow. Edited to say: And they include carb & protein values.

(Disclaimer: I'm not vegetarian, just thought it would be good to eat more veg).
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    I'm a low-moderate carb vegetarian. I like to have at least some grain or starch with my evening meals, but try to focus on getting lots of protein during the day. Can I add people here for recipe ideas?

Yes . Definitely add people that you think can help you out!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options

Thanks so much.Definitely gonna check this out.
  • Lateralthinka
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on a 1200 cal a day diet and cook lots (vegetarian). I can send you some but I'm actually pescatarian so will omit those if you like.

Cheers
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on a 1200 cal a day diet and cook lots (vegetarian). I can send you some but I'm actually pescatarian so will omit those if you like.

Cheers

I would really appreciate that! I don't eat fish but any help would be appreciated. I am going to add you!
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I don't do low carb but what about a crustless quiche? I haven't made one in awhile but here's a good base recipe

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/451635/crustless-quiche-lorraine

I just swap out the bacon for quorn or other meat substitute and add other veggies to bulk it out. I also skip out the cream because it hurts my stomach. I used unsweetened almond milk, but really it's so easily adaptable so just go with whatever you have.

Paprika and fresh parsley work well in it, and a heaped spoon of mustard.
  • jewelbright
    jewelbright Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Cheers

Hi, don't suppose you could do that for me as well? I'd really appreciate it!