Boo-urns!

Options
I've been going between 8-9lbs lost for the past 3 weeks....i've hoped every week that i'll finally hit double digits, and it's just not happening! Last week i lost 0.6lbs....this week i GAINED 1lb. Not happy. I'm working out 6 days a week, and i'm staying within my calories, and watching my sodium intake...so i've just got to keep repeating to myself that this is all worth it. This is not a quick fix....and as long as i'm being as healthy as possible, it's all good...No matter what that stupid scale says each week.

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's right!! It will eventually fall off, keep doing good! When I've hit plateus in the past, I have increased my intensity in exercising for the week to really hit that extra weight hard. Maybe try that!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You may have gained muscle,muscle weighs more then fat so as we add muscle we add weight. The same thing happened to me last week, and this week I lost that pound plus another.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    "I was saying Boo-urns"
    Hans Moleman

Are you eating your exercise calories? If not that could be the problem, not eating enough.
  • arbragg
    arbragg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are right it can be sooooo frustrating...but keep with it! It's so worth it!

Try calorie cycling, by changing the amount from day to day, might trick your body into weightloss again or lIke the others said, switch up your workouts.

Your are doing awesome - keep your chin up!!
  • dstrydom
    Options
    Hey, great job! This losing weight thing is a tough bussiness to be in lol. I've lost 90lbs total and have about 15 more to go, but I've been where you are. At first I was dropping weight SOOO easily and I was happy as a clam, but then it slowed down. At first, when you have so much weight to lose it is ok to drop so many pounds in a week, but as you get closer to a healthy weight, your body should only lose about 1-2 pounds a week, otherwise your skin starts getting stretchy and won't gradually shrink with the rest of your body. As for the pound weight gain, that's normal too. As I was working out more and more I would build muscle and gain weight, but lose inches, and then I would lose more fat and only then more weight, so just be patient with all the fluctuations. It's great that you realize long-term weight loss has to be a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. You're doing great and just hang in there!!! =)