Best compliment since weight loss?

Options
cottony
cottony Posts: 109 Member
For example the best compliments for me are the fact that my previous classmates that had known me for 7 years don't recognize me on the street,at all :D

Replies

• TminusFitnessN321
    Options
    My most recent one was being told I'm looking long and lanky, something I haven't heard since before gaining weight.
  • gotanda
    Options
    I overheard by accident that a man called me bombshell :-)
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    They don't even have to say anything. I just love the double take that people do when they haven't seen me for over a year. It's awesome!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, a young woman at my work who I know only a little was talking to my coworkers as I walked up. They were discussing how time passes for everyone, and she turned as she saw me walking by and said "except for " [mynamehere] ", she's starting to age in reverse!" and told me I look great and asked me what I've been doing :) A couple of people have been kind enough to tell me I look 'skinny' over the last year or so but it was nice to hear that the changes look good and healthy on me.
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When my aunt asked me when I was going to stop! I told her that I wasn't where I wanted to be just yet..but I'll know when I get there! She told me I was looking fantastic! :0)
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Friday morning before class I was preparing a lab and one of my early students said "Mrs. Fuelling, you look so pretty today!" Pretty. No one has ever called me pretty. That moment will live with me forever.
  • ThatDoll
    ThatDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not done with my weight loss, but I have lost a lot of weight so I look different from my Junior year in HS.
    So I saw one of my HS teachers the other day and she was talking to my sister. She asked my sister "So where's your sis?" and I go "I'm right here!!!" xD
    She said she didn't even recognize me! That I look so thin <3 Made my day lol
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    They don't even have to say anything. I just love the double take that people do when they haven't seen me for over a year. It's awesome!

+1
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I met someone from college who I haven't met since (19+ years) and he commented how much weight I lost. Yes, I weigh now about what I weighed at 15.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    <<Hey! did you got taller!? how's that even possible?!!?>>
    I'm already tall but just seeing their little surprised faces is awesome :)
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    "Where did the other half of your body go"
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You are expanding.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    I just had a customer tell me two days ago that I looked great and rhat I looked like I had lost a lot of weight. It made my day. :)
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When people think I am my daughter's sister.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Being told how confident I look. Insanely better than "you look so pretty/great/beautiful/hot/skinny/better/different"
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    "You weigh as much as I do" -My sister, who I have always thought of as much much smaller than me.
  • frozentrace
    frozentrace Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A couple of people have asked me if I was losing weight intentionally or if I was terminally ill.. and I was like.. yeap I have cancer.. nah.. I just count my calories and walk 7km everyday. lol. and their face :P
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When people who I always considered thin or whose body's I have admired ask me "How did you get your arms like that?!" To the yoga instructor I thought in my head "Not yoga..."
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Best on yet for me was I walked by one of my co-workers office and I hear them say "who was that?" to someone in the office with them. They didn't realize the person they saw walk by was me. They stick their head out and say "Oh it's MH! I didn't recognize you from behind you really look great!"

LOL!

Such a great moment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!