WHY WAIT UNTIL I LOSE WEIGHT TO LOVE MYSELF!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kimgailmarie47
    kimgailmarie47 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post, definitely something i can relate to as well. For so many years my weight and how i viewed myself held me back in so many areas of my life in the fear of being judged or rejected because of my weight or my outter appearance. I am a loving, caring person who would do anything i could to help others. For so long I've consistently heard I wasn't good enough and believed it to be true, but thanks to my renewal of my faith again I know I am good enough and worthy of love, joy, happiness and health. It took me looking back to all the obstacles I have faced and survived, including cancer, abuse, etc., to realize I am a survivor and no longer a victim and I am worthy. I have began to forgive myself for all my wrong doings as well as forgiving those who have hurt me. Until we love ourselves we will never be truly at peace and be able to reach any of our goals in life, including healthy weight. God bless you all and I pray that each of us will have the strength, courage, wisdom and be successful in all that we do!!!
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I needed to hear that message today. Well said and so true. One moment at a time will help me continue to put your message into practice.
  • kmrubio
    kmrubio Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, exactly what I needed this morning. I love you too!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful message... :heart:
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Amen!! Self acceptance and love is one of the healthiest things to do for oneself.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • 2thesexydress
    2thesexydress Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OMG :happy: I'm so shocked and deeply touched by the warm, open, and loving responses from all of you to my post :flowerforyou: So many have sad stories of people and instances in their lives that have led them to believe that they are unworthy...less than...undesirable...simply because of their weight issues. Sometimes it's just the person herself/himself that makes this random judgment call on herself because of her extra weight. Once you lose that feeling of love for yourself, you lose hope and interest in all things about you...weight, health, looks, hygiene, living conditions, who you surround yourself with, how you carry yourself in public, and on and on and on. I just don't understand how all these very important and wonderful things about someone can be so limited or forgotten simply because of the numbers on a scale. You can be just as gorgeous at 300lbs as you can imagine being at 150lbs. darlin', CURVES are SEXY and beautiful!!! Embrace your curves and enjoy your bodies NOW while you're on the weight loss journey. Don't wait to feel good about yourself! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for this post, i was feeling quite down today, bad news through the week made me step back into the dark feelings and its been a struggle today. I haven't dated for years now because of the weight i am, i think if i don't like seeing me naked i am sure a guy is not going to like it, so i have been put off dating for so long, then i was doing okay with the liking myself for 5 weeks till i heard of a friend who took his own life, and then i went back to feeling doomed.

Great post, and thank you for sharing it xx
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! You are right! I have been at 400lbs, and I'm at 221. something now. I didn't see a 400lbs woman when I looked in the mirror back then. I went to the tanning bed. I fixed my hair, I did my make up, wore perfume and fashionable clothing, hygiene has ALWAYS been at the top of my list, no matter what my size. I've always believed in taking care of myself, and being the best "me", no matter what weight. Loving myself is something I had to do for me! I'm SO proud of you for doing this for you, and realizing your worth! That is isn't a number on a scale, but it's what's inside. That your beauty radiates from the inside out, and that the things you're doing for you are because YOU want to! Not because anyone else wants or tells you to do so! You take pride in yourself!

Everyone here has worth, and is worth it! Loving themselves now, as they are, will most definitely help you (and general you) to stay motivated, to realize that you're worth it to be healthy, to be happy, and that you deserve nothing less than the best life has to offer! Best wishes on your journey! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • mellyw78
    mellyw78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great post :)
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    good for you......why wait indeed...great to hear that you can feel that way.....

I've lost weight and I still don't love myself
  • bdjweed
    Options
    What a great attitude and life mindset! Bravisimo!
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to "love" myself - because of my weight. Don't think I ever will. Nice thought though. I've always said I get by on my intellect and winning personality. I will never accept I'm attractive, and in fact resented and distrusted my husband the whole 10 years we were married. WTF is WRONG with him that he finds ME attractive?

I'm not shy, I come across as confident, I can relate to everyone. But I'd also say I'm aloof to a degree, because of my weight. I'm "different" to everyone else. Always have been. I'm tall, taller than most of the females I know, and certainly I weigh more, even now. I feel "big". I think even at goal I'll feel "big". When I was 14 and under 70kg I felt "big" compared to my peers. At 40 I don't think that will ever change.