Thinking of getting new hair for the new figure

Options
I had a pixie cut in university when I was 5'6 140 lbs. I loved it. I liked the attention I got from women and men (less frequent, but better quality). Now I'm 127 lbs and boyish looking, I was thinking of getting it cut off again. My hair is to my shoulders and this is the longest it's been since I was 18.

I'm 28, about a size 2, hazel eyes, auburn hair and high cheekbones.

Thinking:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/78/bd/85/78bd85ed30b6e914a2bbf2b6049a6657.jpg
http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections5/ica-hairstyle11b.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/0b/97/8c/0b978cea15d5f3cf12722b6b421042e3.jpg

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I love short hair. I've had my hair cut short a few times in my adult life, and always felt so chic and pulled together. I remember the first time I cut my hair into a pixie cut I felt so sassy. It's funny when you have short hair you become like a member of a special sorority. You start noticing all the other women with short hair, and it's like you have a sort of bond with them.

I keep toying with the idea of going short again...since I end up putting my hair in a ponytail 90 percent of the time anyway.
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love short hair. I've had my hair cut short a few times in my adult life, and always felt so chic and pulled together. I remember the first time I cut my hair into a pixie cut I felt so sassy. It's funny when you have short hair you become like a member of a special sorority. You start noticing all the other women with short hair, and it's like you have a sort of bond with them.

I keep toying with the idea of going short again...since I end up putting my hair in a ponytail 90 percent of the time anyway.

Totally agree with the ponytail thing. My hair is to my shoulder and I always put it in a ponytail. That's the reason I cut it short in the first place. I can't stand having hair in my face. Shorter hair also looks better with hats
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    And congrats on your new figure!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Go for it if it's what you want! Maybe ask your hairdresser for their opinion too.

I've always been scared to have short hair, I don't think it would suit me at all.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about hair or fashion...but do it! Change it all up.
  • nicjustine
    Options
    I pixied my hair last year and loved it! I totally recommend doing it again if you're thinking about it and loved it before. So much easier, and looks so nice. Congrats on your new figure! It'll look great, all of those cuts are adorable. I say go for it! :)
  • sauron94
    Options
    I think you should get this:
    beehive-hairdo.jpg
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think you should get this:
    beehive-hairdo.jpg

What is this....Marge Simpson or Priscilla Presley like hair?!?
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Options

My hair is a smidgen longer than that and it's waaaay too long for me. Also I have very short bangs right now.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Go for it...remember it's only hair and will grow back. Not to mention you've already rocked the short do so you know you can!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Go for it. And even though I'm currently in grow out mode, I know exactly what you mean about attention from men being "better quality" when you have a pixie. Totally get that. Enjoy!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    It would be great if you showed us a picture of yourself so then we could give you a some good feedback. :smile:
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Go for it. And even though I'm currently in grow out mode, I know exactly what you mean about attention from men being "better quality" when you have a pixie. Totally get that. Enjoy!

Ummm... "better quality" men? I honestly do not know what that means.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Me Too.

Should be here any day. It was Amazon Prime.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Ummm... "better quality" men? I honestly do not know what that means.

I don't mean the men are better quality, necessarily. Not sure of the OP's exact meaning but I just meant, with long hair the compliments many guys give tend to be like "ohhh I love long hair on women" or "you have pretty hair" and with short hair it's more flattering and based on other things, like specific facial features, or a general "you're stunning" and other great, flattering stuff like that. Better quality attention.

shrugs
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    any suggested haircuts for men? need a change up as well, been rocking a buzzcut and a hat for the past 21 years
  • Lumpy52403
    Lumpy52403 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    any suggested haircuts for men? need a change up as well, been rocking a buzzcut and a hat for the past 21 years

Flattop!