Looking for friends!

Options
Hello, I'm Ashlee! I have recently decided to start recording with MFP again after a long hiatus. I want to get serious about losing this unhealthy weight that I have gained over the past few years. As well as control my ED.

I'm looking for someone who is in a similar situation as I am (though any friend/support is welcome!)

A little information about myself:
-21/female
-Canada/BC
-want to lose at least 100lbs (currently over 270lbs, need to weight myself again...)
-believe inches are just as important than lbs
-5'6
-in therapy for EDNOS - anorexic/binge eating tendencies, depression, stress (my therapist has approved and even suggested I start calorie counting again).

I would love a friend who also has about 100lbs to lose!
I will mainly be using calorie counting, but will try to exercise when I can. I lead a fairly busy life (university, work, practicum, etc.) I would love to start swimming and going to classes at my local gym once I figure my schedule out better...

Some things I've started already (I will be starting calorie counting Sept. 29/2014 - Monday):
-Nutribullet smoothie for breakfast
-Eat more fruit/veg
-Cut back on breads
-Drink tea/water/homemade smoothies/juice - no soda!
-Eat out less, make food at home, actually pack food
-Bento boxes

Note: I would prefer a female, mainly because I am more comfortable with females than males.

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashlee, Welcome back to MFP! I have 106 lbs left to lose. I will be happy to do this journey with you. Feel free to add me, in fact anyone feel free to add me as a friend. I love to support, motivate and congratulate.
  • fitashleetime
    Options
    Hi! I'll add you for sure :) Thanks
  • emsems27
    emsems27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashlee,

I too have just returned to MFP after a bit of a hiatus. I am 31 now, and about 8 years ago I lost 50kg through a balanced diet and changing to a more active lifestyle, but over the years the weight has creeped back on due to an issue with binge eating and emotional eating and lifestyle changes. The excess weight is now noticeably impacting on my health and I am wanting to lose about 40kg - 45kg (appro 100lbs) to be healthy, feel fit and strong and be able to buy the clothes I want!

It is encouraging for me that I know that I have been able to lose weight before, but I also have some trouble with managing cravings and finding motivation for exercise, as having returned to study earlier in the year I sometimes get overwhelmed with work, study and pracs for my teaching course.

Feel free to add me as a friend, and I hope your first recording day goes well for you!

Emily :-)
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We have a lot in common :) I have 109ish pounds to lose. I'm 23 and also in school and I'm working up to incorporating exercise into my life. (Hoping to start to exercise regularly very soon!) I added you :)
  • fitashleetime
    Options
    I'll add you both!
    It's comforting to know I'm not alone. :)
    I wish you all luck with your weight loss too!