One year anniversary!! 111 pounds lost!!

Options
Well it is finally here!! Today is my one year anniversary. . A year ago today I weighed 264 pounds and was miserable! I had been diagnosed type 2 diabetic by one doctor and pre diabetic by another. I had fibromyalgia, severe sleep apnea, to the point that my husband of 18 years couldn't sleep with me, major depression, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, and severe acid reflux.. and did I mention weighed 264 pounds??
I had went to the doctor the week before and was told I needed to be put on diabetes medication. . I didn't want that at all! I was already taking antidepressants and hormone replacement therapy for a hysterectomy 10 years ago. I asked the doctor could I keep myself from meds.. She said most likely, if you change your diet and lose weight.. I never looked back!
I cut out sweets, bread, potatoes,rice, pasta, sweet tea and mountain dew. I started reading and learning about being healthy!
I know that for the most part MFP is a calorie counting website so I have to say, I have always been in a caloric deficit as well!!
I also started walking 3 times a day, 7 days a week! No matter what the weather was like, I still walked.. One month later I had lost 22 pounds..
My only exercise for 5 months was walking. I got tired of it eventually and took a break..After that I started doing other exercise such as push ups, sit ups, planks.. But that wasn't giving me very good results so in July I started lifting weights but not seriously. . Around the beginning of August I got serious about lifting and decided I wanted to run.. I started by just trying.. Eventually I ran a complete mile. It took me 19 minutes and 10 seconds! Terrible, but I was so proud of myself because at the time just running a mile was my goal. I kept lifting and kept running. Now my best mile is 11:26 and improving! I have signed up for my first 5k which is in less than 2 weeks (with my 12 year old daughter!)!!
I weighed 154 for about 2 months.. I thought I was at goal. After I started lifting I gained up to 158 but was smaller than at 154 and felt better. The increase didn't last long though and I am now 153 and looking and feeling better because of all the hard work! I thought I was at goal but have decided I want to weigh 144 so I'm working towards that now!
I started out in a size 20 jeans and a xxl top.. Now I wear a size 4 (Abercrombie, Arden B, Levi's), 5 (Vigoss), or 27 (Buckle, Miss Me, Silver) and a small or medium shirt! I have went from a 42C bra to a 34D! My shoe size has went from a 10 1/2-11 to a 9! My ring size has went from a 10 to a 7!
The best part is I no longer worry about diabetes!! My blood sugar runs 77-85 constantly! My depression that has lasted my entire adult life is gone! No more antidepressants or HRT!! So is the acid reflux, carpal tunnel and plantar fasciitis! The fibromyalgia will always be there but never bothers me! My sleep apnea was so bad that I quit breathing 106 times an hour during my sleep study and it has been completely reversed!
I am active now!At 35 I run, lift, play softball, do cartwheels and round offs!! I actually have a life now!
My marriage is better than ever after 18 years! This is just amazing!
This is the biggest accomplishment of my life other than having my 3 wonderful kids who happen to be so proud of me!!
It is just completely unreal to me that I have come this far! It's not over.. My life has only just began! I will always have to watch what I eat.. I can't slip back into old habits.. I have to exercise!! But ask me is it worth it?!? The answer will always be ABSOLUTELY!!

(OK, I know most of you don't agree with low carb and I'm fine with that. I have never and would never try to push my ways on anyone. It works for me. Portion size didn't. . I knew NO control. A box a little debbie cakes were not safe with me! I have learned that I am highly sensitive to sugar and grains (they both give me severe headaches and stomach problems).But like I said, even though I eat low carb, I still eat (now) plenty of protein (over 100 grams a day) and maintain a calorie deficit)..

Thanks for reading my story!

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now that's dedication.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for posting, you're an inspiration!
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Kundalela
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are an inspiration!!
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations to you. Hard work really does pay off!
  • PatriziaGen
    PatriziaGen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    INSPIRATIONAL!!! Most importantly, Congratulations on getting healthy and essentially, your life back! You earned all the accolades with every pound you shed. Really, really happy for, and proud of you. <3
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Congratulations amazing achievement!!
  • sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done :-)
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new life style chage that brought you weight success. I am a firm believer that you have to do what works for you and the fact that your physician was involved rocks. Good luck when you decide to start maintenance, I hear that can be a struggle in itself.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new lifestyle. You're an inspiration to what can be achieved. Well done ????????
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I never get tired of reading amazing transformation such as yours. Keep up the good work and never look back!!!

Coach Herb
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and your success. You inspire me! I'm 100% inspired by the way you've beat your illnesses and changed the course of your life. Congratulations!!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing story...you are an excellent mother who has taught your kids the best lesson ever! You are such an awesome example and your children will have a better life because of it. They get to enjoy you happy and healthy, and they get to grow up with the knowledge they need so they don't go down that same path. You Rock!
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are such an inspiration! That's amazing! You look great!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great job ... Happy Anniversary !
    Thanks for sharing ... and I do agree with lower carb, as a matter of fact I just told my hubby this morning ... I HAVE GOT TO GET THESE PROCESSED FOODS OUT OF MY LIFE ! ! !

{that in itself lowers your carb intake tremendously.} !!!

God bless you! ! and thanks for telling your story.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Terrific! Truly a life-saving process!

I wish you could talk to DW. She has plantar faciitis and refuses to consider losing weight.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My doctor actually told me that losing thw weight was the only thing would fix the plantar fasciitis!! And she was right! My heels never hurt anymore, even with running!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!! Great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!