VivoFit or VivoSmart?

Options
Does anyone have a Garmin Vivofit or a Vivosmart? If so, what are your thoughts on it? TIA!

Replies

• Jayma375
    Jayma375 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the VivoFit and really like it. There are 3 things I really like about it including:

1. It has 2 watch batteries and I don't need to recharge it every few days. I already have 2 phones and an IPad to recharge.
    2. It has a display that I can see the time, # of steps I've taken and the # I have to my goal
    3. It changes my step goal depending on my history of steps.

Oh, another plus is you can purchase the heart monitor as an accessory.
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had a VivoSmart for about 24 hours this weekend but then returned it and got a FitBit One. The idea of the VivoSmart seemed really cool and I liked the way it could be set up with a heart monitor, but it was just too buggy. I could only get about half the functions to sync and the Move bar (which is supposed to show you how long you have been inactive and give you a reminder) was permanently stuck on and I couldn't get it to reset.

The VivoSmart is brand new to the market and Garmin forums seem to have a lot of people complaining about various bugs. They released some software to fix it but it didn't seem to fix mine.

If you are more patient and/or have experience with Garmin Connect, you might have an easier time than I did. Otherwise, you might prefer the VivoFit, which sounds like it works better.
  • rosemary5512
    Options
    whats the difference between the VivoFit/VivoSmart and the Fit bit? wouldn't they be pretty much the same thing?
  • Committed2Succeed
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump! Which one is better the VivoFit or VivoSmart?
  • gentryferguson
    Options
    I have both vivofit and vivosmart. The vivosmart is a great product. Automatically syncs your data to Garmin connect, sends phone notifications, tracks steps, music control, sleep tracking, etc. You receive pulse notifications to move and you get rewarded when you meet your daily steps. This will automatically adjust steps similar to the vivofit. The screen is bright and easy to read. The touch OLED screen is very responsive and the sleek design is a plus. The few things that the vivofit do better are battery life and interchangeable color bands. Either way, you cant go wrong with either band.
  • chrisoldroyd
    chrisoldroyd Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anyone use these with a ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor? I need to know how reliable they are. I currently have a Polar H7 but want to use it with a band rather than my phone.