excercise cals

Options
i know everyone is saying yes yes yes eat all those excercise calories it gives back to you but i just have been finding it sooo hard to do :( I just feel bad about working my butt off at the gym to burn all those calories and then when i get home trying to sit there and eat back all those calories that i just worked so hard to burn off. it just seems odd and like it defeats the purpose of me working out im just nervous, cause i dont want to gain weight it almost feels like my workout is a waste if im consuming those extra calories. i know i prob sound stupid but ive just been having a really hard time coping with the way this really works

Replies

• klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and I usually don't eat back my exercise calories unless I really overdo the exercise than I might eat a few
  • hippeychick
    Options
    I agree.I find it hard to do as well
  • kimamw
    kimamw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are right. If you eat your exercise calories you do defeat the purpose of exercising. If you are trying to lose weight, don't eat the exercise calories. I never eat mine.
  • chandosluvsfood
    Options
    I totally agree! it makes no sense to me either! The problem I have though is i end up eating then working off more calories then i consume. The thing is that if you dont have enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and stores ANY calories you give it as fat. So instead of eating them all back maybe eat half. The key is finding your balance and dont eat unless your hungry. It sounds like your doing great with the exercise! :happy:
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    here here! I know the feeling I eat a few of the calories gained but not all of them.
  • Mark1968
    Options
    I dont always eat them all but I do eat often most of them and I have managed to lose almost 60 lbs. in the las 6 months. When I am burning alot of cals get hungry. I dont eat just to be eating but I dont go hungry either......