Struggling - gah!

Options
I only have a few pounds to go - the vanity pounds if you will.

Now it's not working at all. I've been contemplating the 5:2 diet for the last ones, thinking perhaps it'll be the answer. But I'm afraid I can't handle the fasting days.

I'm normal weight now and got about 8 lbs left until I'm at my old weight. For some time I did spin class every day, but it's too much. I've been trying to eat 1400 calories a day but it only worked up until a certain point. I don't consider myself a binge eater but now I always want more.

It's as if my body is heavily resisting a calorie deficit at this point. If I go under my maintenance amount, I got to bed hungry - even if I eat healthy. If I don't go to bed hungry, I want to eat more than my maintenance.
I've been trying to eat mostly healthy fats and few carbs, but I get tired and low in energy.

Help! :( Anyone successfully got rid of the final ones without being completely miserable?

Replies

• redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near getting down to the "vanity pounds," but I have been doing 5:2 intermittent fasting, and I like it. In some ways it's easier for me to do extreme calorie restriction for two days, and then eat sensibly at TDEE for 5 days. It's less tedious to me. I'm fasting right now! I'm eager for my very small dinner, but otherwise, I feel fine on fast days.
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near getting down to the "vanity pounds," but I have been doing 5:2 intermittent fasting, and I like it. In some ways it's easier for me to do extreme calorie restriction for two days, and then eat sensibly at TDEE for 5 days. It's less tedious to me. I'm fasting right now! I'm eager for my very small dinner, but otherwise, I feel fine on fast days.

I've gone over my TDEE today so will probably do a fast day tomorrow... Just find it hard.

In the past, I've gone to unhealthy methods. A few month ago I used to have days when I'd binge and drink a lot and then induce vomiting. I don't want to do that anymore, but I still have rare days when I can't control my eating.
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was planning to have a fast day today, but not managing...been binging again and feel hopeless :(

How do you get back on track?
  • nadiarosati
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I am thinking of making some small batches of vegetable soup, this way if I am hungry and snacky I eat something that's filling, healthy and low calories. It may seem crazy but I am seriously going to give it a try. I have no will power, so when I want to snack, I snack. I need to something rather then consume 1900 calories a day.