Interesting Dilemma

Options
This morning at 9:00 I ate 1.5 cups of oatmeal to which I added 1 tablespoon of flaxseed, and I had 4 cups of water. Lunch was supposed to be at 1:00 but I was still quite full from breakfast. At 3:15 I ate a 4oz cup of diced pears in 100% fruit juice. This is all I've eaten. My belly feels too full. How do you get your calories in if you have no appetite?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods, peanut butter is a favorite of mine, nuts etc .

How do you eat that much oatmeal? :laugh:
  • FlabULessFoodie
    FlabULessFoodie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Very slowly. Lmao! Maybe that's why I'm so dang full. A serving is 1 cup (cooked) maybe I'll have 1 cup from now on. Yesterday MFP said my calories were too low so I thought increasing the oatmeal would help.
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Maybe I need to eat that much oatmeal to keep me full!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You could just wait until evening and have a big meal once you feel hungry. You don't have to eat 3 meals a day.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Id learn a bit about nutrution and then plan your weekly meals or at least have an idea. Its not just about filling you up, but a change of lifestyle, so youd have a priblem of getting so bored you give up. Look at other peoples diaries.
  • FlabULessFoodie
    Options
    Trish, I wasn't trying to feel full by the serving size. I used the flax for fullness I was just trying to increase calories. Maybe I'll try adding milk to my oatmeal. At the rate I'm going I'm not going to hit 1,000 calories and certainly not the calories MFP suggested. Trying to figure this all out is a bit frustrating.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Holy cats that's a lot of oatmeal. If you're not hungry yet, don't eat. No need to stuff yourself. Just eat when you're hungry and make sure you hit your calorie goal.
  • FlabULessFoodie
    Options
    999tigger I've purchased food and prepped and froze. Its not an issue of knowing what to eat the problem is forcing the water is leaving me too full to eat the food. I ate the oatmeal before drinking anything then forced 4 c. water. It still feels like all of that is sitting in my belly like cement. Either I can drink the water or eat the calories, not sure I can do both.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    999tigger I've purchased food and prepped and froze. Its not an issue of knowing what to eat the problem is forcing the water is leaving me too full to eat the food. I ate the oatmeal before drinking anything then forced 4 c. water. It still feels like all of that is sitting in my belly like cement. Either I can drink the water or eat the calories, not sure I can do both.

Don't drink the water.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

If water is still in your stomach 7 hours after you drank it, you need to head to the emergency room. I don't care how much you drank, water should have moved through your system long ago.
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it would work for oatmeal but I add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil to my smoothies to increase the calories.
  • babsfit14
    Options
    Why would you "force" 4 cups of water? Spread it out over the whole day, sip it as you go. I might suggest something different for breakfast sometimes like eggs with some vegetables, if you like that sort of thing. Filling and satisfying but won't make you feel bloated. Good luck!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Of course you can do both.

Why not cut the water and flax intake in half after breakfast? I prefer a light breakfast, a snack type lunch and a big dinner.

Also - ditto the poster who said more calorie dense foods - nuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate, fruit juice, avocados, etc. When I'm under, I have a beer or a glass of OJ. Drink calories count, too and you don't feel grossly full after usually.

What sorts of foods were you eating before you started tracking?
  • mccindy72
    Options

Why did you force 4 cups of water? There's no reason for that. spread the water out throughout the day. you can eat the calories and drink the water, just spread them all out. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Pace yourself.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wait! What kind of oatmeal are you eating?!

I had whole grain oats today, but at a heavy hit of 110 cals per 1/3 cup I'm definitely not eating 1.5 cups! I suggest a smaller amount and maybe add some fruit (or veggies if you like that better)!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I eat to fuel my body, not whether I am hungry or not.
  • FlabULessFoodie
    Options

Why did you force 4 cups of water? There's no reason for that. spread the water out throughout the day. you can eat the calories and drink the water, just spread them all out. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Pace yourself.

I "force" the water because its the only way I can get in the recommended 640z. When I "spread it out" I only manage to drink two cups. I don't drink anything but water.
  • mccindy72
    Options

I "force" the water because its the only way I can get in the recommended 640z. When I "spread it out" I only manage to drink two cups. I don't drink anything but water.

Just drink when you're thirsty. Although it really seems odd that you can't drink more than 16 oz. of water over an entire day. Are you counting what you drink with a meal?
  • FlabULessFoodie
    Options
    Before I began tracking I wasn't eating healthy so that's totally not the direction I want to go. Before tracking most days I didn't eat breakfast at all. I ONLY drink water. NO juice. NO soda. NO tea.]

Of course you can do both.

Why not cut the water and flax intake in half after breakfast? I prefer a light breakfast, a snack type lunch and a big dinner.

Also - ditto the poster who said more calorie dense foods - nuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate, fruit juice, avocados, etc. When I'm under, I have a beer or a glass of OJ. Drink calories count, too and you don't feel grossly full after usually.

What sorts of foods were you eating before you started tracking?
    [/quote
  • FlabULessFoodie
    Options
    I drink EIGHT cups of water each day! If I try to spread it out I find that I only manage to drink 2 cups.

Just drink when you're thirsty. Although it really seems odd that you can't drink more than 16 oz. of water over an entire day. Are you counting what you drink with a meal?