Best thing someone has said to you / rainbows & unicorns

Options
I think what my husband said to me two days ago tops it. He said, "I've loved you dearly for 27 years but I've never loved you more than I do right now." Then he said, "I can't explain it, it's just so true."
That made me happy:)
Another thing that made me happy this week was buying a crochet magazine with a pattern of a white and pink crocheted horse in it. All I'd have to do is put a horn on the horses head, appliqué a rainbow on it's back, and I could have a lifetime supply of unicorns and rainbows. :heart:

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I think what my husband said to me two days ago tops it. He said, "I've loved you dearly for 27 years but I've never loved you more than I do right now." Then he said, "I can't explain it, it's just so true."
    That made me happy:)
    Another thing that made me happy this week was buying a crochet magazine with a pattern of a white and pink crocheted horse in it. All I'd have to do is put a horn on the horses head, appliqué a rainbow on it's back, and I could have a lifetime supply of unicorns and rainbows. :heart:

tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    13596452141886606903.GIF
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    So pretty!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    People don't usually say nice things to me irl, but miss_jessiejane once told me, "I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. Smart, lovely, sweet, intelligent, strong, amazing. You really are beautiful, in every way it's possible for a person to be beautiful. And if you could see you the way I see you, you'd know that the beauty of your soul shines out through your face."

I don't think anyone has ever said anything like that to me before. :heart:
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My father called me once and asked me to tell him the kind of joke that he could "take back to the garage and tell the guys."

I was truly touched. :blushing:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I've been told I'm inspirational.... that's really probably the best.
    Options
    Once someone at work asked me to organize a social event that had nothing to do with me. It was a difficult political situation, and this person wanted to have the event but not to be associated with it because of possible backlash. I'm probably the most unorganized events organizer so I asked, "why are you asking me to do this?"
    She said, "because of the way you are. No one will get angry with you."
    This surprised and pleased me:)

I also have a pile of thank you cards in my desk. I kind of read then quickly without really *reading* them, and then discard them.
    A few years ago I collected them all and really absorbed them. Some people left contact information for how to reach them, or open invitations for visits. I think I just blew this off thinking that they were just being polite. I often ask people now, if they really read and believe their *thank you* and *farewell* cards. We sure do hold on to the negative comments people make!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I took my daughter to a one man show of a somewhat famous guy who goes on Letterman/Leno and things to perform. During the show he asks for an assistant of the "strongest person in the audience", in which my daughter nudged me to volunteer. So I did, and he brought me up on stage and did his act. After the show there was a meet & greet and we chatted for a minute and he commented on how "built" I was.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    When I started out trying to lose weight all I could really do was walk because of the problems I have with my joints. Plus, when I started I could barely make it a mile without many aches and pains. I started slowly (oh so slowly) and worked up to 4-6 miles a day around my hood.

Well, needless to say, my neighbors became pretty aware of me in the hood, walking the streets, sometimes with my furry pal. This last summer one of the gals I've always waved to and said hello, came running out of her house towards me, flagging me down. I stopped, pulled out my ear buds and asked, "what's up?". I noticed right away that she was thinner and was going to say she looked great, when she says, "You know, my husband and I have walked you walk past our house for a couple of years now. I remember when you first started walking and it seemed so difficult for you. Then a summer later, you looked so much fitter and healthier. That's when I decided, shoot if she can walk, I can too. So I started walking and soon my husband joined in. Thanks to you, I've lost just over 60lbs and my husband has lost 45! You're an inspiration and we love seeing your happy, healthy face in the neighborhood"

Needless to say, I cried and we hugged. I did tell her though, that it was thanks to herself that she lost the weight, that only she could do it! This really taught me though that you never really know who you're inspiring or how you're touching someone else's life.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I was told by my nephew that I make awesome peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.

I know I do. But, it's good to get confirmation.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Needless to say, I cried and we hugged. I did tell her though, that it was thanks to herself that she lost the weight, that only she could do it! This really taught me though that you never really know who you're inspiring or how you're touching someone else's life.

You don't say...I've learned that too. Way to pay it forward yah runner!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That's awesome ^^^^

When people compliment me on being a awesome mom. Being a single mom of 3 boys is hard but I love it. But nothing is better when a outsider tells you, how do you do it alone and that you are such a good mom? Especially when you think nobody notices

And someone told me I smile thru my eyes. I don't know why I loved that compliment. :happy:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    best thing lately: "You really know music." it had been 2wks since she had seen me and we met and played together once before. I was tickled.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've been asked (more than once now) if I'm a professional dancer by some people in my group fitness classes.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

You don't say...I've learned that too. Way to pay it forward yah runner!

And consider mine one of the lives you've touched. :heart:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old wanted to run a half marathon this year so I told him that if he trained for real, I would sign him up for one. He held up his end of the deal. He put in weekly mileage on his own and we got up early Saturday mornings all spring to do the long runs together. We did the half marathon in June. As we got close to the finish line, I told him to go for it and I'd be right behind him. Instead, he turned around and grabbed my hand and said "not without you, Mom" and we crossed the finish line together, arms in the air like Olympic winners. In that moment when finishing his first big race should have been the only thing he was thinking about, he thought about me.
    Options
    When I started out trying to lose weight all I could really do was walk because of the problems I have with my joints. Plus, when I started I could barely make it a mile without many aches and pains. I started slowly (oh so slowly) and worked up to 4-6 miles a day around my hood.

Well, needless to say, my neighbors became pretty aware of me in the hood, walking the streets, sometimes with my furry pal. This last summer one of the gals I've always waved to and said hello, came running out of her house towards me, flagging me down. I stopped, pulled out my ear buds and asked, "what's up?". I noticed right away that she was thinner and was going to say she looked great, when she says, "You know, my husband and I have walked you walk past our house for a couple of years now. I remember when you first started walking and it seemed so difficult for you. Then a summer later, you looked so much fitter and healthier. That's when I decided, shoot if she can walk, I can too. So I started walking and soon my husband joined in. Thanks to you, I've lost just over 60lbs and my husband has lost 45! You're an inspiration and we love seeing your happy, healthy face in the neighborhood"

:heart: :flowerforyou:
    Options
    My 11 year old wanted to run a half marathon this year so I told him that if he trained for real, I would sign him up for one. He held up his end of the deal. He put in weekly mileage on his own and we got up early Saturday mornings all spring to do the long runs together. We did the half marathon in June. As we got close to the finish line, I told him to go for it and I'd be right behind him. Instead, he turned around and grabbed my hand and said "not without you, Mom" and we crossed the finish line together, arms in the air like Olympic winners. In that moment when finishing his first big race should have been the only thing he was thinking about, he thought about me.

Precious:):heart:
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    My fella was watching a fantasy movie today, which had a line about there being magical things/creatures in the world that were special and wonderful, and he turned to me and smiled and told me I was a magical person.

tumblr_ma0zg704Gc1remwbqo3_r4_500.gif
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I have four kids. My youngest is 3 months old, and I also have a one year old. While shopping at the mall one day frazzled as all hell but determined to get school clothes for everyone, a complete stranger came up to me and told my children were beautiful and she saw me in Nordstrom and she was impressed with how chill and patient they are all babies included, then before she walked away she said "you're doing a great job" tell ya what, moms need to hear that every now and then!