Paleo Ice Cream

Options
I've noticed in some of my Paleo cookbooks, that there are recipes for ice cream using full fat coconut milk. Has anyone tried Paleo Ice Cream? How is it?

Replies

• SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I make Paleo ice cream. I use my VitaMix blender. Coconut milk, vanilla, coconut sugar and ice. It is delicious!! I have also turned it into mint chocolate chip as well with chopped Lindt 90% chocolate. Thing is, you have to have a really good blender to make it. I have never made it in a standard ice cream maker. But, if it is good in my VitaMix, I am sure it would be great in other machines. All this to say....YES!!! Coconut milk ice cream is delicious.

Just make sure you do not buy the stuff from the stores....nasty ingredients in there. Yuck!
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I buy the so delicious coconut milk ice cream with no sugar. I LOVE it.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Coconuts themselves aren't paleo, so I don't see how anything made from them could be.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1.5 cups frozen berries, I can full fat coconut milk .75 cup sugar .... blend in a food processor .... freeze .....sooo good ....not truly plaeo thought due to the sugar.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Coconuts themselves aren't paleo, so I don't see how anything made from them could be.

They're not? Since when?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

They're not? Since when?

Since forever. Prior to agriculture, coconuts grew in a very small area. The vast majority of paleolithic humans would never even have seen one.
  • Bl0ndeBecky
    Options
    freeze bananas and blend them in a high speed blender (I use a vitamix) with just a little water until it moves free

add any flavorings you want (mint, chocolate, vanilla, ect...)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Yea. Paleolithic ice cream. This doesn't hit you as the indication that perhaps the somewhere between the theory and application it's all FOS? No?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    1.5 cups frozen berries, I can full fat coconut milk .75 cup sugar .... blend in a food processor .... freeze .....sooo good ....not truly plaeo thought due to the sugar.

Never mind the sugar,that is least of non Paleo here - frozen berries can't be Paleo, they didn't have freezers then.
    Yes I realise some very cold climates could do freezing without electric freezers - but those places wouldn't be warm enough to grow berries.

And that's before you use the processed coconut milk ( unless you make it directly from a coconut yourself by hand? ) and using the food processor seems distinctly non Paleo to me :bigsmile:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Yea. Paleolithic ice cream. This doesn't hit you as the indication that perhaps the somewhere between the theory and application it's all FOS? No?

Lets not even talk about bananas, which are so often used in fake ice cream.

For your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8

And a bit about the woman speaking: http://christinawarinner.com/