50lbs to lose need all the support in the world

Options
Hi , I am caramel its bee 4 days now. And it feels like 40days I am so dicouraged

Replies

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

Why are you SO discouraged? :frown:

Try not to get overwhelmed ... take baby steps one day at a time.

Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As you will see there are many thousands on MFP who are on a weight loss program so dont be discouraged. get smart and read the forums to learn how it works, just burn more than you consume and thereby create a calrific deficit.

You cna get yourself some mfp friends to keep you company and use as a support group to encourage and provide information.

It would probably help if you said from what weight to what weight, what your diet cosnsists of, how you plan to lose the weight x amount per week. how you create your deficit, how much exercise, whether you have dieted before and with what success, why you have faltered before and any other useful information if you wnat people to know. Why are you discouraged?

Besides reading the forums I'd ive a few tips.

Get the right mindset .
    Make a plan that is sustainable and revolves round a change in lifestyle.
    Log accurately all your food and weigh if necessary so you know how much you are consuming.
    Get mfp freinds if you need them.
    Never beat up on yourself.
    Make small but achievable targets.
    Read the forums including the stickies.
  • cbeaches46
    cbeaches46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Carmen. My name's Christine. Saw your comment and wanted to say hello. The key to successful loosing is making a big change in your life. Putting you first and just focusing on your health.
    I've lost 50 pounds so far. It's been hard, but you can do it. I cut out all flour and sugar. My meals consist of lean protein, veggies and fruits and nothing more than that. I weigh and measure anything that goes in my mouth.
    It's hard work and dedication, but this can be done. If you'd like to talk more feel free to write me. Thanks.

Christine
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ad me if you like.
  • caramelonyi
    Options
    Wow! 38pounds lost? I will take just 10 and be really happy..lol
    I gave birth 9 mnths ago and the baby weight is just not budging! I can't look myself in the mirror without flinching
    My body is so unrecognizable , I want this weight off qiuckly
  • athelsel
    Options
    Im with you! postpartum body is rough. :(
  • caramelonyi
    Options
    Oh ok , 26yrs.old 5ft 3inches , weigh 165 lbs my prewedding weight was 130 lbs,
    Goal lose 2 pounds or more a week, I want to weight 115lbs by the time I am done. @ atheisel it really is phew! To think I have two more to go.
  • athelsel
    Options
    115?! lol I'm at 170 and i'd be AMAZED just to get to 145.
  • Screechy1
    Options
    Hi Christine...I am eating just fruit, veggies and protein...do you also go to gym? Envious of your weight loss! Congrats
  • caramelonyi
    Options
    Lol, we will with the right thinking and approach... My journey has officially begun its gonna be a struggle for me as african foods are high in carbs and calorue dense
  • 1983meganrae
    Options
    Hello, im megan i started today, postpartum body here too!! Peanut will be 5 mnths next.week and i swear i wiegh more than the day i can home from the hospital i also have 50 to loose , but im ready this little one is gonna be a toddler before i know it and i want to be able to keep up!! i need support too!!!!
  • caramelonyi
    Options
    Much love and support from here, it isn't easy I understand completely
  • melismh
    melismh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine...sorry ....I emailed you earlier and thought your name was Carmen.

Thanks for any support you can give me.

Melissa
  • MzDenean
    Options
    Hi I'm Denean starting this weight lost journey for the 1000th time, trying to stay on track.