looking for new friends

Options
Hi I am Katie. Im from chicago and MOM to a goergous 11 month old daughter. Before i got pregnant i lost 50 lbs. Unfortunately pregnancy and laziness after birth caused me to gain it all back. So far I am back down 22 lbs and working to get back to where i was. The fight is definitely not as easy as it was before having a baby as now i am juggling raising her working full time and trying to manage my eating and exercise. Im looking to connect with anyone who is looking for support and is walking thru this constant struggle. I want to be a healthier person for myself but more importantly my little girl so she has a good example. If your interested in becoming a part of my journey send me a message or request me. Good luck

Replies

• mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

Welcome to MFP first and foremost, you have already taken the first few steps of turning things around. I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to juggling responsibility.

You are welcome to add me for support and good luck with your journey.
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.

Anybody else reading this and looking to add active, supportive, fun friends, feel free to send me a friend request.

Have a great Friday!

Dan
  • Cozmetick
    Cozmetick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie!
    Feel free to add me, love to talk and love to support!

Im also really cool just saying.

Good luck!
  • chissnazura
    chissnazura Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI! Great job losing the 20+lbs and congratulations on the baby!

I have three amazing children and juggle a hectic schedule. I can relate to how hard it is to lose weight after children. Not that I would have it any other way. One of the best weight loss tricks I've noticed is just being active with them. I know that seems silly, but instead of playing on the ground or sitting I tend to try and be as active as possible (walking, running, playing). With my older children I play lots of outdoor games. I've noticed that if I try to maintain some type of exercise routine I just end up upset with myself because I can't take one more scheduled thing in my life.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Verych33ry
    Options
    Hi I'm new here :)
  • mommyonamission418
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone i love new people
  • mommyonamission418
    Options
    Bump
  • Welcome to MFP!!
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to support you :)
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. - On here for the long haul :)
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    add me for motivation.
  • ValleySimTech
    ValleySimTech Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will support you. Add me if you like.
  • JenEroom
    Options
    Hi Katie! My name is Jen and Im just starting out with the mfp program. I would love to give and get some support aswell!! I have a daughter who will be 3 in january. I have always been a bit heavier and im tryin to get into better shape and more active for my little girl :) Feel free to add me as ur friend! Id love to have people to talk to about the joys of weight loss journey!
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I can relate with you on the struggles after having children. I have two of my own and although I didn't gain much while pregnant immediately after having both my child I gained weight. I have been up and down for years and just ready to be healthy and fit also for my children. Our children's health are dependent on ours so we need to show them how to eat right and be active so they don't have to grow up with the same struggles. Add me if you would like. I can be a motivating and supportive friend. :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby!!!! hitting that one year mark can be hard on a mommy.

I'm also a mommy on a mission.

It is hard fitting it all in, but when its important enough you do it.

I do home workouts in the AM. I'm NOT a morning person, I'm a natural night owl so sometimes I sleep through my alarm, but this is my only way to truly stay consistent.

Its also neat to know how much the kids are watching (Mine are 5 and 7) If I'm not almost done with a workout when they get up they are askine me why!!! No There's accountability!
  • mommyonamission418
    Options
    Bump
  • mommyonamission418
    Options
    bump
  • mommyonamission418
    Options
    still always looking for new friends send a request if interested